E-on Next taking money out of an account and not sending a bill

Level 1
    I had over 188ยฃ in my account the I had paid in. As it is E-on next never did give me my warm home discount even though I applied for it in Oct of 2021. I have called several time been told it would be in my account by the 31st of March. Sent in all of my ESA information five tiimes by post and by emal to their WHD email and now they have the gauld to take money from my account back date the transaction and not even give me a bill showing what was taken for what.

Nor have they gotten the kwh for my gas correct as I shut down my heat in March but they have done a meter read stating I used more Gas in the first part of April than what I used in th last part of March. I have written down what I have used each day as it shows on the smart meter. I am furious at these people.

What gves them the right to take out the money when they haven't even put a bill on the account?? Just another way to show how the companies bullying people and doing as they please.

I have screen shots to prove the transaction along shots of where the have not provided a bill
    Last edited by babtini; 21-04-22 at 18:59.
  • 7 Replies

• Best Answer

Community Team
    Best Answer
    Hi @babtini I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with us ๐Ÿ˜”

I have taken a look at your account, however, I can't discuss specifics with you here such as your usage in full or balances etc (as this is a public forum, so I will generalise what I discuss here)

I can see that your evidence for your Warm Home Discount has been received - this will be processed in due course by the Warm Home Discount team who will then apply the credit to your account.

In regards to your usage for your gas, we've recorded 2 units of usage from the beginning of April until now, which is far less than what was recorded previously and reflects what you're saying about turning your heating off, so please let me know what you mean when you say we've recorded more usage for April as I'm not seeing this ๐Ÿ˜Š

I can see we've sent you statements (viewable on your online account) In April, March, February, January, and so on going back each month as we bill you monthly, please let me know if you're having trouble viewing these online for any reason, as it's all there.

Pete ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Cool ๐Ÿ˜Ž Calm ๐Ÿ˜Œ Collected ๐Ÿ™Œ - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a ๐Ÿ‘
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' โœ…
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? ๐Ÿค” Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
  • Best Answer

Community Team
    Best Answer
    Hi @babtini thanks for your reply ๐Ÿ˜„

Your payments will sometimes be taken before/after when your bill is produced. When you pay by a Fixed Monthly Direct Debit, this is taken on the date you set this up for from your bank account and used towards your energy usage, to help you spread the cost of your energy usage.

This can be changed if you prefer, to a variable Direct Debit. With a variable Direct Debit, we produce your bill and then tell you how much the balance is - we then tell you on the bill the date this will be taken in full by Direct Debit, as opposed to a fixed amount each month towards your account.

In regards to your gas usage, I can see that your readings on the gas meter have advanced by 3.5 units from 19th March to 19th April. If you've not used much gas at this time, this will be correct based on the gas which has passed through the meter to your boiler, I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to advise further on this than what the meter readings tell us.

Pete ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • Best Answer

Community Team
    Best Answer
    Hi @babtini - Sorry if you feel like I was arguing with you. I understand that you're frustrated with the issues going on with your account, as I would be too if I was in this situation.

It sounds like as this has been going on for a while, you've done the right thing in taking your complaint to the Energy Ombudsman who will carry out an impartial review of your complaint, and I'm sorry that this hasn't been resolved for you sooner.

I hope this is all sorted for you as soon as possible.

Pete ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Level 1
    @PeterT_EONNext --- You wrote ----
    I can see that your evidence for your Warm Home Discount has been received - this will be processed in due course by the Warm Home Discount team who will then apply the credit to your account.
    *****That was for last year. 2021/2022 and was to be paid out by the 31st of March 2022. It is now nearly May 2022. How long is due course when it was to be paid out by the 31st of March?

The bill was actually put on my account after I wrote what I did on the 22nd but they took the money out on the 18th from my account.

As for the gas usage. I was charged more units in for the first part of April than my second part of March when I was using more gas and turned it off.
    the below is what I was billed
    March 19th to April 1st 1.5 units Gas heat turned off on the 18th of March so would account for more usage in March and make more sense when it wasn't on in April.
    April 1st to April 18th 2.5 units no gas for heat on
    which is not what I have written down but and according to the amount used on the smart meter that I wrote down the units as 2.5 for March 19th to April 1st and 1.5 units for April 1st to April 18th.

the previous bil that was 19th February 2022 - 18th March 2022 was only 21.5 units
    I have Electric water heater for my water as for cooking I rarely use the gas cooker as being disabled I cannot stand up to use it. meals on wheels doesn't need gas.

I get the statements on my account but what I was stating is that they took money from my account before giving the April statement I am not daft and I can read. In fact I can read, write and speak in 4 languages.
    Level 1
    *Shakes head* I did not say that they took money through direct debit. speaking on the amount the took from the money I had on my balance as I put extra money in my account so I have plenty.

Yes 3.5 units from 19th March to 19th April but March 19th to April 1st 2.5 units cost less per unit or kwh and after the 1st of April the rate is higher so I was incorrectly billed
    Community Team
    @babtini Sorry, I was referring to this -

What gves them the right to take out the money when they haven't even put a bill on the account??

I'm assuming from your reply, you mean the amount was deducted from the available credit on your E.ON Next account, not money being physically taken from your bank account?

We took readings from your Smart Meters on the 1st April when your tariff changed over, this means that any recorded usage up to that date was billed on your old rates and any recorded usage after 1st April, you were billed on the new rates, so I can assure you, you've not been incorrectly billed ๐Ÿ˜Š

- Pete
    Level 1
    not going to sit here and argue with you as I have sent everything on to the onbudsman as I had not recieved a bill before payment had been taken and I have readings written down as I also took readiings from my smart meter daily. I cannot wait until I can change companies. As I still have not recieved my warm home discount for 2021/2022 that was supposed to be paid by the 31st of March and still hasn't.