Prepayment TOP UPs not going through

Community Manager
    Hi everyone! Anasa here one of the Community Co - Ordinators. I hope that you all had a good Easter and a little break enjoying the warm weather.

📣📣SMART Prepayment TOP Delays!!

I just wanted to put a little message out there as we've had quite a few posts about this over the last week or so.

There's an ongoing issue with Smart Pay As You Go top ups not going onto meters.

This is being investigated as an urgent matter.

Don’t worry if you have been affected by this:

• Please send us a message via twitter, Facebook, email or over the phone on 0808 501 5200 whichever is best for you.

• If you're off supply or under £1 credit and likely to go off supply, we can provide an Emergency credit to get you back on supply.

Just a quick reminder that you will be in friendly hours after 4pm as long as you have at least 1p on the meter at 4pm and this includes bank holidays .

Hopefully we'll be seeing a lot less of these now but just wanted to put your mind at rest and reassure you that we're working on this.
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣

• 16 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 1
    Best Answer
    @Diorock4875 just give them a buz on the phone and they add credit to the account. providing the issue is not your own fault. (aka not paying when you should type fault) when it's their fault they will go over the account with you and add credit to get your account back on or prevent loss of supply.
    Level 1
    So what's the update on this? i phoned up on Tuesday, after being forced to move to E-on next on the Thursday before. the move has totally upset smart meters with pay as you go systems ( and probably the ones with the DD system as well). to the little microchip brain in our meters we have effectively change supply, and what were we all told when that happened? oh right "your meter may not work correctly if you change supplier" safe to say that is what's happened to ALL of us that have come on from Npower or Eon, who have been moved to E-on next. Yet we're not being kept up to date, and those of us on the pay as you go system are under threat of being cut off because they can't be topped up. i put 40 pounds on before the move but you suddenly made it so 40pounds dosn't cover the 14 days it used to, it now barely covers 5 days, so how the blooming heck are we supposed to account for this chaos you guys put us in by forcing us to move to e-on next?
    Level 1
    @Anasa_EONNext

I am still waiting from the top up I put on the 15th of this month. The money has been taken,but no credit still. I have also read that ppl are having issues with the Bar codes at paypoints,post office etc. Once again my Elec credit is below my low credit point. This needs sorting now,I did not ask to move supplier from eon to Eon next.
    Community Manager
    @Annabella 📣!!UPDATE Prepayment Pay As You Go Smart Migration:

Here is a quick up date that was promised to us today:

We're still currently working to fix a bug where some top up payments aren't showing on meters.

IMPORTANT:

If you recently made a payment over the last few days and it hasn't gone on to your meter – don't worry (you don't need to call us), you won't go off supply because we've switched your meter over to ‛friendly’ hours until we've sorted it. This means even if you're about to run out of credit, you won't get cut off.

As soon as we've fixed it, we'll let you know when the friendly hours will end, and we'll make sure any top up payments you made are showing on your meter.

We're really sorry about this and for any problems it may have caused you.

If you're off supply please call us on 0808 501 5200 as soon as possible, we're here 9am ‒ 5pm Monday to Thursday, 9am ‒ 4pm Friday, you can send us an email, or contact us via Twitter or Facebook.Whichever way you contact us, we're here for you.

Any way we can help, we will.

The E.ON Next Team
    Last edited by Anasa_EONNext; 21-04-22 at 18:32.
    Level 1
    @Annabella 📣!!UPDATE Prepayment Pay As You Go Smart Migration:

Here is a quick up date that was promised to us today:

We're still currently working to fix a bug where some top up payments aren't showing on meters.

IMPORTANT:

If you recently made a payment over the last few days and it hasn't gone on to your meter – don't worry (you don't need to call us), you won't go off supply because we've switched your meter over to ‛friendly’ hours until we've sorted it. This means even if you're about to run out of credit, you won't get cut off.

As soon as we've fixed it, we'll let you know when the friendly hours will end, and we'll make sure any top up payments you made are showing on your meter.

We're really sorry about this and for any problems it may have caused you.

If you're off supply please call us on 0808 501 5200 as soon as possible, we're here 9am ‒ 5pm Monday to Thursday, 9am ‒ 4pm Friday, you can send us an email, or contact us via Twitter or Facebook.Whichever way you contact us, we're here for you.

Any way we can help, we will.

The E.ON Next Team

first thank you for the apology on behalf of e-on next. next up i have some hard questions to ask, as FAQ dosn't really explain or cover them.
    I've tried contact via FB messages but have not had a reply (e-on gave me a reply but not e-on next)

So what is the estimated time frame of things working again at the moment?
    Do they know what the bug is?
    have they worked out how to fix the bug?
    are we going to be reimbursed for our lost credit or given the EEC overrun for free due to the bug?
    What happens with our credit when it finally works?
    How do you plan to help those of us on low incomes such as pensions, Universal credit and disability benefits (being 3 examples) finding ourselves stuck in this highly stressful situation?
    Why were E-on customers forced to move to E-on next with no letters and info in post about it?

I got told not to top up again until this issue was sorted because my credit would just get lost in the system. Yet I'm watching the EEC tick up and up i'm well beyond the emergency credit at this point and can not even start to calculate what I'm supposed to do. I would have had less stress if i'd used compare the market and switched suppliers then this strange turn of events. and I've been loyal to e-on for some time now, due to how supportive and helpful folks there have been.
    some clear concise info is needed, not just here but out on the website as well please, and maybe also in the post for those who are less techy.
    and like a few here i did not ask to move to e-on next, i was MADE to move when e-on's site told me "sorry you can't pay here now, please log in with e-on next"
    Why make us move? why not just update us into it a few at a time so the system didn't bug out. if you did groups at a time yeah it would take longer, BUT you would catch the bugs before it put a lot of people into a ridicules and highly stressful situation. As i understood it E-on was one of the MOST stable power providers out there after the crash of a fair few post Covid crisis. (not saying that covid has gone btw i know it's still there, and the media and gov are pretending a magic wand has been waved).
    Last edited by Annabella; 22-04-22 at 15:26.
    Community Manager
    Hi @Annabella Thank you for your comments, we don't have a date for the fix as yet and you'll be contacted once we do.

You don't need to top up in the mean time that is correct and you will stay in friendly hours until this is resolved as mentioned in the update. Any top ups made will also be added on to the meter so you won't loose your payments made so far.

Its not an ideal situation and I'm sure lots of people have their own idea of the way things should be run to make this better. I can assure you that the way it has been done in batches at a steady pace is the best way of working for us and given our customers the smoothest transfer process that we can, its a big move even in stages and there are bound to be glitches.

I can understand why this is frustrating for you but you won't be cut off until this is resolved and are not expected to top up your meter until we let you know that it has been fixed so essentially you're on Free Vend we'd never cut customers off through no fault of their own and you won't be out of pocket because of this.

There are lots of updates on the website and on Facebook as well as on here, we don't know what the bug is called or how long its expected before it will be fixed.

We'll keep you updated on here when we know anything further you'll also know and you'll also see updates on our other social media platforms 😊

Anasa 🔥💡
    Community Manager
    📣UPDATE

Good news, you should have received an email about this but just to let you all know that we’ve fixed the issue and everything is back on track. And, any payments you recently made should now be showing on your meter (your app and online account will show any new balance from tomorrow).

Just to be clear payments are hitting meters relatively quickly and gas payments can take up to 1 hr.

Important to know:

Your friendly hours ended today at 10am (you may have already noticed this).

If your meter balance wasn’t in credit when friendly hours ended you will have gone off supply. If this has happened, you’ll need to top up back up so you’re in credit and your supply will be reconnected.

No UTRNs:

Customers are not getting email payment confirmations or UTRN's for up to 90 mins but payments are on the meter. At this time the best its always best to check your actual meter and not rely on a message.

We're really sorry for any problems this issue may have caused you and we need to make improvements as we know this is affecting a lot of people and its not what we want as a company or would expect you to have to go through as a customer going forward.

If you’re struggling to top up or get back on supply then please contact us on 0808 501 5200 or reply to this email as soon as possible.

The EON Next Team 😊
    Level 1
    Hi @Annabella Thank you for your comments, we don't have a date for the fix as yet and you'll be contacted once we do.

You don't need to top up in the mean time that is correct and you will stay in friendly hours until this is resolved as mentioned in the update. Any top ups made will also be added on to the meter so you won't loose your payments made so far.

Its not an ideal situation and I'm sure lots of people have their own idea of the way things should be run to make this better. I can assure you that the way it has been done in batches at a steady pace is the best way of working for us and given our customers the smoothest transfer process that we can, its a big move even in stages and there are bound to be glitches.

I can understand why this is frustrating for you but you won't be cut off until this is resolved and are not expected to top up your meter until we let you know that it has been fixed so essentially you're on Free Vend we'd never cut customers off through no fault of their own and you won't be out of pocket because of this.

There are lots of updates on the website and on Facebook as well as on here, we don't know what the bug is called or how long its expected before it will be fixed.

We'll keep you updated on here when we know anything further you'll also know and you'll also see updates on our other social media platforms 😊

Anasa 🔥💡

Thank you for your informative replies as well.
    but umm hate to be a thorn in the bottom here. but so far no e-mails and no credit showing on my meter. will check in morning to see if this has changed.
    Level 1
    Can you tell me why my gas payments do not show on my app and are no we’re near upto date