Toshiba SKU2 + mesh Comms Hub

Level 1
    I had gas and electric smart meters installed by Morrisons. Originally the electric didn't communicate with the IHD. Morrisons returned and replaced both meters and the IHD. The gas is working fine and sending readings to EON Next and the IHD. The electric meter is working in 'dumb' mode but is communicating with the IHD and showing how much energy is being consumed but 'waiting for cost data' is showing.
    The Comms Hub ion the meter is flashing all of the lights every 5 seconds which should indicate that all is well. Clearly there is no communication with Data Communications Company.
    The thing is that there is no aerial attached to the data hub and I've no idea if a local mesh is up and running.
    I've been back in touch and was told that maybe the weather was bad when the meters were installed and I should wait- really? If so, how come the gas meter is OK but the electricity is not even though they are installed right next to each other
    What next?
  • 4 Replies

Community Team
    Hi @Brickatius Welcome to the Community 😄

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your Smart Meters.

I can see the gas is communicating but the electricity isn't. The communications hub (located where your electricity meter is) appears to be set up correctly, however, we haven't received the meter set up command to the back ground system (BOL) to get readings from the electric.

The smart team are already aware of this and will be sending off a request to get this linked up correctly. They're looking into your account and hopefully going to get your meter communicating and working in the next 2 months. In the meantime, please provide manual meter readings for your electricity.

Thanks - Pete 😊
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 91
    @PeterT_EONNext

2 months? Its not your fault but the glacial pace of error correction is why many people really think that smart metering is a complete and utter waste of time and money.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 1
    Thanks for your reply Pete. Unfortunately, 5 months have passed and the issue is still not resolved. I was in touch with customer support to escalate the problem and sent them a short video of the Comms Hub showing all 5 lights flashing slowly to indicate that all should be OK at the meter end. That was 2 months ago. If the meter team know what the problem is why is it taking so long?
    It seems impossible to get in touch with the meter team directly. This isn't the first time I've had metering problems with an energy supplier (4th time to be precise - one involving the Ombudsman on 2 occasions).
    Why doesn't someone have the decency to give me an update?
    Level 91
    Because the suppliers get credit for installing a smart meter, but no demerits for those that don’t fully function.