Migration

Level 1
    Why does EON think they can get away with switching customers accounts without even asking if they want to change surely there is a law against actions like this I never asked to be changed or was even given any options to opt out and then giving my private details to which EON said that Eon Next is a completely different company so giving private details out is against the law just like Eon giving the National Grid my private details as well anyone else having these problems?
  • 5 Replies

• Best Answer

Community Manager
    Best Answer
    @DJGAZZA Morning Anasa here 👋 I'm sorry to hear that you're still not happy with the move over to Eon Next I can see that you have recently raised this concern on your account with us.

EON Next is a new sustainability - driven gas and electricity supplier in the energy market, and we're just a new part of the EON group. To help us move towards a more sustainable future we're moving customers over to EON next. So you're details have not been passed over to a complete different company. I'm sorry for any confusion that this has caused you and if you're still concerned just get in touch and we'll be happy to have a chat with you about anything that doesn't sit right with you still 😊
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣

• Best Answer

Level 91
    Best Answer
    @DJGAZZA

Eon have decided to rebrand and remarket themselves, and have decided to do this by launching Eon Next. For legal reasons they have set up a different company for this new entity but in essence its still Eon.

But Eon Next do utilise a different software platform (Kraken?) compared to Eon. Eon next has already absorbed customers from Npower, Symbio, igloo and some other failed energy companies so they've had a tough job absorbing all those customers, for which we should be grateful. But on top of that it has been migrating customers for Eon onto Eon next which is a policy all of Eon's own making. IF, and its a big IF, Eon Next didn't have the capacity to take on these additional customers from Eon then Eon should have said lets wait a while till the situation is calmer. And we've had the price cap increase in April adding to the matters customer services have to deal with.

So while I'm certain that Eon has not broken any laws in transferring you to Eon Next, which in reality is a change to get customers onto what is considered to be a superior billing and accounting system, It could perhaps have handled it better and kept customers better informed.
    Level 1
    @meldrewreborn There is nothing LEGAL about giving other companies my PRIVATE DETAILS disgraceful company no wonder why EON are the most complained about energy company disgraceful makes no difference if it rebranding if EON NEXT are a totally separate company then passing on private details is against the law simple as that otherwise there is no data protection laws then is there besides EON gave my DETAILS to the National Grid who are not part of EON in anyway so therefore they have broken the privacy laws
    Level 1
    @Anasa_EONNext No EON are a bunch of thieves punishing those who are paying for their energy before everyone else and your allowed to get away with overcharging us plus if your such a company that are sustainability as you say especially for Electricity why are you putting so much onto our energy with it is RENEWABLE as you say then it doesn't cost more to produce even then we are not guaranteed renewable electric for the simple reason it is supplied by the National Grid and not EON all Eon want is money and to that you punish us who have prepayment meters by charging us so much to use what we've already paid for yet those who pay in arrears get everything cheaper INCLUDING standing charge yet we are charged DAILY I have an ongoing complaint again this is the 3rd complaint about EON who have never learnt from losing the other 2 cases about fixing their apps and like your it doesn't work now there is a surprise (NOT).
    Level 91
    @DJGAZZA

The point is that OFGEM the regulator has set the maximum charges for direct debit, payment on receipt of bill and prepayment. Prepayment is the more expensive way to pay by a small margin, but OFGEM have accepted that dealing with prepayment customers costs more to administer than the other methods. And all the energy suppliers are doing the same and charges are almost identical whoever you go with. So your allegations against Eon on this are baseless and without merit.

You are clearly upset, but i really do think that in this particular instance you are completely wrong.