Discovered Day / Night Reads are Reversed on bill

Level 1
    Hi,

I've submitted both email / social media twitter to this from last week, but haven't heard back anything. There's a few users which seem exceptionally useful so hoping to lean on them a bit?

I was checking my bills / readings before the changes and discovered that going back in time my Day readings have been submitted against my Night readings and visa versa.

Name:  fNR-CbO0.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  30.0 KBName:  WGf8QnAO.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  30.9 KBName:  OT4RWXHK.png
Views: 468
Size:  46.6 KB

What else can i do at this point? I submitted these to the Hi@Eonnext email last Thursday, as well as Twitter - but no luck with anything yet.

As you can see this goes back in time beyond that picture there - in theory as the Night rate is lower (and that is where most of electricity comes out from) vs Day, i've been substanstially over-paying?

Kind Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  • 8 Replies

Level 1
    Is there anybody that can assist with this?

I tried phoning last Thursday (31st) and was asked to send an email to Hi@Eonnext.com, and I haven't had any response yet.

I've reached out on Twitter - i've had no response to a tweet, but I did have one reply from a DM - which resulted in a correct meter reading i provided that day actually being deleted and replaced with an incorrect one.

I subsequently replied with additional pictures, got one reply but it was details etc to assist with query further for security.

I'm going to phone again when the lines come up at 9, but honestly - what else can I do?

I've had issues since I set-up my Eon Account nearly 4 years ago, and discovering my day / night rates are opposite means I've been substanstially overpaying given most energy usuage is at night, but its being charged at the day rate.
    Level 91
    Without seeing your bills is impossible to say conclusively, but i think its highly likely you've been overcharged due to this reading mix up. Sorting it out will take time as it will be necessary to go right back to when the meter readings were consistently correctly attributed, and then delete subsequent bills and rebill for the correct amounts at the dates of any price changes. It could be a tad complicated. So given how long this has been going on I think its ok to wait a little longer to get the correct advice.

One reading has gone up about 7,500 units and the other 2,700 units. I'm sure you're hoping the lower usage is the day figure and the higher usage the night. If that is correct then the 8422 reading taken in Oct 2020 showing as night in your table is in fact the day figure, so the problem goes even further back than your table shows.

But @HannahD_EONNext might be able to check this out and ensure that its properly dealt with.
    Level 1
    Thanks for the reply to my comment.

I tested this on the day having turned everything off at the fuse box, took dog out for an hour for it to 'settle ', worked the afternoon and I have a pre / post picture of it and it was the lower rate that ticked up in the afternoon, so I'm certain that is the case.

And yes I believe you're correct - I think it's been the wrong way around since I moved in and swapped provider 4 years ago.

I've got pictures dating back on my tenancy agreement with pictures of the meters then too so I 'have the receipts' so to speak

i phoned up today and mentioned i would receive a reply email which details my query here, but I still haven't gotten a reply, nor Twitter response either
    Level 91
    If you've been wrongly charged for 4 years you'll probably get quite a bit back, but as the fault lies fairly squarely with those posting the readings incorrectly rather than the supplier, I'd give them a while to sort it out for you.
    Level 1
    Do you have night storage heating? If not what uses the power at night?
    Level 1
    Yeah night storage heaters which is a bit annoying, but we're renting so is what it is.

I think it stems from my previous supplier - they were a nightmare and provided so many wrong pieces of info when I moved away from them.

I had it independently checked by Eon as well after submitting a complaint that 'reset' all the historical issues so I assumed all was now okay.

will hopefully hear more 'official' tomorrow
    Level 1
    Still no reply to my email, and when I phone get told "there's been a note made against my account".

I have all the meter readings i've taken photos from when i moved in, in addition to what is on my tenancy agreement, so i have all the info and pictures i require - but what can I do to actually get a reponse from Eon on this?

I super appreciate the non-eon people comments to this, it's been useful, but I feel the only way to continue this is with the staff.
    Head of Community
    Hey @SAB17

I'm so sorry for the delay, I was away last week so just catching up.

I can see you've started a chat on Twitter so I've asked one of our amazing digi team who's a pro at mixed up readings like this to take a look and message you back.

She'll get it sorted I'm sure!

Thanks

Hannah