SMETS1 Meter Not Working

Level 1
    Hi there,

I wonder if anyone has had this issue and knows how to resolve please.

A few months ago I decided to ask E.ON why my SMETS1 meter was still not sending readings despite moving to E.ON a number of years ago. They told me the DCC had not upgraded it remotely and I had to wait.
    I contacted the DCC and checked their online enrolment - this told me that it had been upgraded and should work - at this point it said the below (Note it says E.ON at this point).

[COLOR=black !important]Your meter's working in smart mode
    Supplier: E.ON Energy Solutions Limited

This means your meter should automatically send readings to your supplier, so you don't need to send them yourself.

It's working in smart mode because you have a first generation (SMETS1) meter that’s on the smart meter data network. The network connects your smart meter to energy suppliers.

[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black !important][/COLOR]
    I contacted E.ON a number of times only to be sent the same message back completely ignoring me "it has not yet been upgraded by the DCC". Therefore I gave up and have since been moved to E.ON next.

I now note the DCC website has been updated and says the below for my meters - note the change to E.ON Next.

Your meter's working in smart mode

Supplier: E.ON Next Energy Limited

Has anyone had this problem and knows how to get this working with E.ON Next? For info The IHD is not accurate/does not show an up to date tariff.

Thanks
  • 1 Reply

Level 78
    Hi @drog ,

I could do with some photos of everything please. That'll help me with diagnostics.

Thanks!
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!