Half hourly consumption data

Level 1
    How do I get access to my half hourly consumption data? I'm a computer programmer and have a lot of experience with business half hourly data so I know what's possible.

I'm quite shocked that the web site and app doesn't show some nice graphs of consumption. At my French house EDF have some nice web pages showing all my consumption data.

It seems to me that we are entering an era when minimising electricity consumption is going to become critical. Having access to the raw half hourly data is essential to do a good job of this.
  • 4 Replies

Level 78
    Howdy @km2000 ! You've just met the sekrit evil villain that is theunknowntech.

I'm afraid getting direct access to the raw data is almost impossible. The best I can think of would be apps like Hildebrand Bright, Loop and the Chameleon Integration with Samsung SmartThings. All three of those can do a fairly reasonable job but you won't get live real-time data. If you just want historical data though, they'll do the job nicely.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    @theunknowntech Do you suggest some kind of guide on how to use those three things together?

With regards to the statement you made, that getting raw data from the meter would be rather impossible I tend to disagree.

I have several ZigBee devices in the house, all monitored over HomeAssistant, using a decoder/gateway My system would therefore be capable to easily gather the same information gathered by the Chamaleon Tech IHD unit providing that I had information about the MQTT server and relevant credentials to access that (these would be the same credentials used by the IHD)

As I have been told that there are no plans from EONNext (I guess from Chamaleon engineering team) to implement historical energy consumption via the App (even though the app shows a place where this data should be provided) then I would expect EONNEXT to provide customers like me and km2000 some level of flexibility to collect this information.
    Level 78
    You'll need a Hildebrand Glow IHD if you want to access Local MQTT data, no other IHD supports it that I know of and you cannot get it directly from the meter as it's a closed off system.

I'm not really able to create a guide easily though unfortunately. My smart meter is a little too secure and doesn't allow any DCC Other Users to gain access to anything. Some of my friends on the OVO Forum might be able to help you out though.
    @theunknowntech - Thanks for your response - I have my data using Loop App.
    Not ideal, as I am sure that, at some point in the future Loop will start charging a ransom in exchange for our own data.

I guess this is the reason for Yet-Another glorified Zigbee-dongle (I mean Hildebrand Glow IHD) doing one-thing and one-thing only, as opposed to the much cheaper Zigbee-dongle in my private Homeassistant environment, connecting to Hive, door switches, etc....

I am OK for now. Thanks
    Last edited by gigio1968; 25-08-22 at 23:28.