Direct Debit Not Working

Level 1
    Hi,

My payment is set for a direct debit. However, it does not work. For my first payment, I had to clear my debt with a one-off payment. Despite I got an email confirmation from Eon Staff that my direct debit works and all set and I don't need to do anything, my second payment has failed as well.

I tried to reach an Eon Staff via email 3 times in the past 10 days, nobody replied. I kept calling your help line everyday, waited on the queue for 45 minutes each time (!) and nobody answered. And now, here I am, signed up for a forum to seek help!

I appreciate that you guys may be experiencing some problems with your workload, but a customer shouldn't struggle that much to make a payment! What's the point having a direct debit set up, if I will still need to check if the payment is done?

I would appreciate any assistance here.
  • 3 Replies

Level 91
    Eon have had some particular issues with DDs this month. But equally well it only needs one character in your sort code account code combination to be wrong and then there is no workable DD I'd try to set it up again / change the DD via your online account to ensure the correct details are logged.

I don't work for eon.
    Level 1
    I decided to make a one-off payment to clear my balance. Interestingly, I immediately received below email from Eon Next after I made the payment.

Hi there,

You may have noticed we didn't take your payment on 1 March as you would have expected. We're sorry about that and have now fixed the problem so it won’t happen again -your payment next month will be on 1 April, as usual.

What happens next.
    To make sure your account stays up to date, we'll take your March Direct Debit on or around Tuesday 15 March, so please don't cancel it as this will affect your future payments.

I don't know if this was a HUGE coincidence or the system triggers to send this when you make an additional payment. It would be nice to receive this BEFORE making a one-off payment. Now, they will re-take some amount from my DD and I will be in CR.

I gave up trying to set up a proper account and payments with you Eon, I gave up...
    Level 91
    So as a result eon is currently set to take a payment on 15 March which will put you one month ahead. Hopefully your bank balnace can take the additional hit.