Igloo to Eon Next - NEXT FLEX

Hi guys I was forced to Eon Next from Igloo and Im on their NEXT FLEX Tariff. How do I know if I'm on the best available??

£330 per month £4000 a year is just ludicrous and thats what its been indicated as from April.
  • 2 Replies

Level 29
    Hi guys I was forced to Eon Next from Igloo and Im on their NEXT FLEX Tariff. How do I know if I'm on the best available??

£330 per month £4000 a year is just ludicrous and thats what its been indicated as from April.
    £330 per month is a heck of a lot of kWh isn't it; how comes you use almost 10 times more energy than my one bedroom terraced cluster house?
    It is the best available government capped standard variable tariff. You can go for V12 fixed Eon Next Tariff for 2 years but it will cost even more.

Eon Next Customer

Level 91
    Hi martha

At present, there are virtually no better deals than the standard variable tariff for all consumers who are not on a price fix negotiated months ago. And as current fixes end the likelihood is that we will all end up on the variable tariff which are limited by the price cap .

If you log into you Eon account you will be able to see if there are and fixed rate deals - I've read that only Eon is offering these to its existing customers, and then only for electricity. Evaluating any fixed price offers is difficult, because they are for longer periods than the price cap (next one runs to 1 October 2022) and so you want to compare prices but for a good portion of the fixed price deal you don't know the price cap post 1 October 2022. Thus there are no guarantees as to which route offers the best outcome.

If you feel the need for certainty go fixed price (but work out first what it will cost) but if you can cope with uncertainty stay on the variable.