Be very careful.

Level 5
    I wonder if “Hatty” and “Becky” will be around to explain it.

I strongly suspect they are actually bots or dummy accounts as well. They don’t actually seem to be able to resolve anything.
    Level 3
    @Richtea78 I am writing a letter of complaint to head office to start the ball rolling.
    The company is failing totally in protecting its customers.
    Level 3
    Speaking generally, bots are computer programs that execute repetitive tasks, and they usually operate over the Internet. A spam bot is a specific type of bot that sends (or helps with sending) spam messages. A spam bot may also post spam in various places where users interact online, such as social media platforms or forums.

Spam is any inappropriate or unwelcome message that's pushed out to a large number of users. Usually, spam involves unwanted product advertisements, irrelevant backlinks (to attempt to get the linked website higher in search engine results), or more sinister things like scams or malware downloads. Spam can also be any content that's irrelevant and delivered in large volumes.
    Like the robocalls that have plagued online users most online spam is fully automated by spam bots. Users are not interacting with a real person when they encounter a spam bot's handiwork, even if the bot appears to "respond" to user interactions. Instead, spam bots spread pre programmed messages or follow preprogrammed conversational scripts to interact with users.

Spam bots can create fake accounts on forums, social media platforms, messaging apps, or email hosting providers. Sometimes they'll try to disguise their activities as coming from a real user. Since creating a user account often only involves filling out a few fields (name, email address, etc.), attackers will program spam bots to fill out these forms automatically – a relatively simple task for a skilled programmer. Some platforms offer Captcha or similar challenges to prevent bots from creating accounts, but these defenses are not foolproof.
    Once spam bots have an account or otherwise have access to a platform, they will start pushing out spam messages according to a predetermined (by the bot creator) set of rules.
    Other kinds of spam bots may assist spammers without actually sending the spam messages. Some spam bots harvest email addresses or phone numbers to provide targets for spammers – they scan the web, scrape contacts details and save it to a database.
    Be extremely careful on this forum group.
    Admin are doing their best but are fighting a losing battle so far.
    Last edited by Silverfox; 05-06-21 at 07:45. Reason: Spelling.
    Level 3
    Another wonderful post about gambling in America.
    Just another example of the very leaky security of this forum group.
    It needs a total lockdown to verified members of EonNext only.
    Not to do so is now bordering on a very serious situation with regards customer safety.
    And what's damned annoying is the fact the headline I am the new Guy should point admin to their origins.
    But it appears not so far.
    Last edited by Silverfox; 06-06-21 at 05:47. Reason: addition
    Level 3

Here’s how to make a website secure:

1. Install TLS – buying a simple Transport Layer certificate is a crucial first step.
    2. Use anti-malware software – to scan for and prevent malicious attacks.
    3. Make your passwords uncrackable – 123456 won’t cut it!
    4. Keep your website up to date – using out-of-date software is like leaving your back door unlocked.
    5. Don’t help the hackers – look out for phishing emails and other scams.
    6. Manually accept on-site comments – keep control over potentially dodgy comments.
    7. Run regular backups – to prepare for the worst case scenario.

This site is called Help and Support.
    Its not to advertise blogs or any other type of dubious links to god knows where.
    Last edited by Silverfox; 06-06-21 at 07:11. Reason: additions
    Level 3
    For weeks we are told we are clamping down on Spam posts but they still they keep coming.
    This morning 9/6/2021 there were two more at 6-15am.
    Useless is to mild a description.
    Negligence is better.
    Do not click on anything in the Help and Support forum as its to dangerous.
    Perhaps if we all stop posting then the supposed management might start taking things seriously.
    Level 5
    Look again now. There’s 10 or so from the last hour! They can’t even stop people signing up with Cyrillic lettering! It’s absolutely insane
    Level 3
    @Richtea78 https://www.ombudsman-services.org/about-us/how-we-work

Pure customer negligence.
    Last edited by Silverfox; 09-06-21 at 17:35. Reason: editing
    Level 5
    I wonder how many people have been scammed as a result of their negligence. It’s actually crazy they clearly can’t deal with even basic stuff.

I would love to see their employee engagement metrics. I imagine working for such a company is incredibly demoralising. Probably better not speak out though as they’ll end up like all the NPower staff
    Level 3
    Take a look at my website.
    Go on click on the link I dare you.
    A minefield of potential cyber threats and at 5am 10/6/2021 there is another invitation.
    The forum page is called Help and Support.
    You might need more help than you think if you are not very careful.

This morning the group is under a heavy attack of spam posts.
    Last edited by Silverfox; 10-06-21 at 06:19. Reason: addition