Combine two eon next accounts into one?

Level 1
    I currently have two separate accounts, one for gas and one for electricity. This is because my electricity account was moved across from powershop and I was already with eon for gas.

I'd like to get smart meters fitted but I've been told this isn't possible as I have two separate accounts.
    So I'd like to get my two accounts merged into one duel fuel account, but I've been told that this isn't possible either due to technical constraints.

This is crazy! How can I get smart meters fitted please?
  • 9 Replies

• Best Answer

Community Team
    Best Answer
    Hi @ChrisNP Firstly, welcome to the Community 😄

Unfortunately, at the moment, there is a slight system constraint which prevents us from merging your two accounts under one account number (not ideal I know, and this is something being looked into)

As you have both gas and electricity, we would need them both under the same account number for us to be able to book this. This is because once the Smart Meters are installed, they need to be under the same account number for them to function properly within our system.

I'm afraid I'm unable to provide a time-frame for when this will be possible, it's been being worked on for a while now so hopefully soon 🤞

Pete 😊
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 78
    Hi @ChrisNP ,

For this one, it might be possible, but I'd have to ask @PeterT_EONNext to stop by. I fail to see how either option is impossible - and if it is then your only option would be to leave E.On Next and go dual-fuel elsewhere which would result in a combined account.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 1
    Any updates on this please?
    Or am i still stuck with two accounts and no smart meters?
    Thanks
    Community Team
    Hey @ChrisNP,

Unfortunately at the moment as @PeterT_EONNext has advised we are not able to change it to a dual fuel account, this is still being worked on in the background however we don't have any date for when this will happen yet i'm afraid. All we can really do is let you know once this is possible.

Deb 🌻
    Level 1
    I have also had this problem from the start with Eon Next. One of the worst companies I have ever used. When they set up my account, they set them up as 2 separate accounts, with no explanation or logical reason why. Both accounts were opened at the same time, as I had just moved, so there was zero reason that this should have happened. Now they tell me that I cannot have smart meters, because of their error. The whole situation is unbelievable. I can even leave them for another supplier, as I would end up paying more.

I have never hated a business as much as Eon Next. Their customer services team are generally incompetent, avoid answering difficult questions, and are quite rude. I feel like I am held to ransom with them now. Appalling company
    Level 1
    @mkilbride84

im I’m the exact same position. Eon was the supplier when I bought my house, and at the time I wanted to switch to shell almost immediately because they were cheaper and offered 100%renewable energy. However I had to wait for Eon to sort my gas supply out because it had been disconnected by the previous owner.

then won became eon next and refused to let me transfer while they had their change over period. And since this time last year I’ve been waiting for them to “merge” my accounts which has meant I’ve been unable to fix my energy before the situation with energy prices soaring.

eon are by far the worst energy company I’ve had to use, and I keep getting bombarded with messages telling me to book meter appointments only to be told I can’t.

sort it out…. How long can it actually take to merge two accounts. And why are there two in the first place. It’s honestly just getting ridiculous at this point.
    Level 1
    Any update on this "slight system constraint" please eon? This is costing me money and has been for far too long.
    Level 5
    My wife and I are in the same situation but with a new build house which makes it worse. They blamed the house builder for the 2 account set up but I don’t see how that impacts me as a new customer.

I also don’t understand how this system constraint (glaring bug) was allowed to deployed to the live system and I bet this issue is sat in their backlog categorised with the lowest priority to fix.

The whole thing is extremely frustrating and goes against putting the customer’s needs first.
    Level 5
    I contacted Smart Energy GB about this and this is what they said:

Your smart meters and in-home display (IHD) should work as shown on our website and adverts. Energy suppliers must tell you why your smart metering system isn't working as it should and provide you with a timeframe for resolving this. Therefore, I recommend keeping in contact with your supplier as they work towards a resolution to this temporary situation.

If at any point you would like help in speaking with your supplier, I’d recommend contacting Citizens Advice who can be contacted on their helpline or online via their website: https://citizensadvice.org.uk/consum...onsumer-issue/