Change of tariff but IHD not updating

Level 1
    Hi all,

I moved over from a fixed tariff at the end of January to the standard variable tariff. The IHD still shows my old standing charges and unit rates. I've read it can take a few days to update but that's been 4 weeks now. Is there a way of 'forcing' the IHD to display the new rates?
  • 16 Replies

Level 78
    Howdy @VaultBoy ,

Yup, there is indeed. I'll ask a moderator to stop by as it's usually a pretty easy one. @sustainablesoup_EONNext if you're free? :)

Offers cookies
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! πŸ€– Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider πŸ•· πŸ€– Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 1
    Thanks @theunknowntech and @sustainablesoup_EONNext

I know the usage will be accurate but I like to keep a close eye on the IHD as a rough guide as to how much I'm using from day-to-day.
    Level 78
    Oh, whoops. The mention didn't work! @PeterT_EONNext I guess you're my backup until I can manage to mention that rogue mod. XD
    Community Team
    Hi @VaultBoy Welcome to the Community πŸ˜ƒ

I'm sorry to hear that your IHD hasn't updated to show your new tariff info. It looks like an update was sent on February 1st but might not have gone through.

I've sent through another tariff update and this should update within the next 24 hours. Tomorrow evening, please reset your IHD (as close to your electricity meter as possible) and the information should then be up to date for you.

Let me know if it isn't!

Pete 😊

P.S @theunknowntech I'm not sure why you weren't able to tag @sustainablesoup_EONNext πŸ€” Thought she might have gone AWOL but looks like her account is still up and running πŸ˜†

EDIT: Will have a look into why she's un-taggable! πŸ•΅οΈβ€β™‚οΈ
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected πŸ™Œ - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a πŸ‘
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' βœ…
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? πŸ€” Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 3

I'm sorry to hear that your IHD hasn't updated to show your new tariff info. It looks like an update was sent on February 1st but might not have gone through.

I've sent through another tariff update and this should update within the next 24 hours. Tomorrow evening, please reset your IHD (as close to your electricity meter as possible) and the information should then be up to date for you.

Let me know if it isn't!

Pete 😊

P.S @theunknowntech I'm not sure why you weren't able to tag @sustainablesoup_EONNext πŸ€” Thought she might have gone AWOL but looks like her account is still up and running πŸ˜†

EDIT: Will have a look into why she's un-taggable! πŸ•΅οΈβ€β™‚οΈ

Mine is the same , i took the V11 on February 28th but the smart meter is still showing the old unit costs. how exactly do you reset the smart meter? maybe theunknowntech can answer it.

Cheers.
    Level 78
    Not something I can fix myself, but if you ask @PeterT_EONNext nicely, he's got that button! It's actually just a case of sending the SMETS Command Update Tariff Configuration with the right parameters. Only takes a few minutes in most cases.
    Level 1

Let me know if it isn't!

Pete 😊

Hi Pete @PeterT_EONNext

I've reset the smart meter a few times over the last couple of days but still no joy I'm afraid, it still continues to show the old tariff s/charges and unit rates. Many thanks for your efforts but it looks like it's time to unplug the old girl and chuck her in a drawer and forget about her.

Cheers for trying πŸ‘
    Level 3
    Yes, lots of reassuring words on here from people that are paid to issue reassuring words but at the end of the day that`s all it is..words!!!
    Why can`t these people understand that the normal customer needs to keep track of what they are spending, is that so difficult to comprehend? 8 days in from my new 11 tariff starting and i have no idea how my balance is standing.
    Level 1
    Just an update to this, have tried resetting the IHD god knows how many times, must be in the hundreds now, and it's still showing my old fixed tariff prices which ended in January. Quite stunning how useless these things are really, and quite amusing that they had the hilarity to call them smart meters when a mere price update seems well beyond its capabilities. It is now at the point where I'm taking manual metre readings from the smart meters and keeping track on a spreadsheet the good old fashioned way.

My main worry would be people that have no idea how to read their tariff price or even check if it's updated. How many vulnerable people are sitting with smart meters in their living room thinking "oh I've only spent Β£2 quid today so that's great", when in actual fact they've spent closer to a fiver. How many vulnerable people are going to be hit with bills that will cripple them in the coming winter with prices set to shoot up again? I can't even imagine them coping with this financially, mentally etc? Shame on you, Eon. This should be top priority, you should be trying to protect your customers from this sort of thing, the sort of thing which should not happen with "smart" meters, but it looks like you don't give a flying one.

Message to everybody else, don't trust what your smart meter tells you, keep on top of the meter readings like we all used to do, keep a note, stay vigilant at these prices.