Smart Meter Install

Level 1
    Hi, Hope someone can help. I currently have a SMETS1 electric smart meter which is finally working and sending meter readings to EON Next. When my house was built the supplier was british gas. The electric reading has always worked and showed on the in home display. As mentioned already the reading did stop working for a while (2 years ish) when I switched to EON. Unfortunately my Smart gas meter has never worked. I think its a 1st generation smart meter a "Landis and Gyr G370". No one has ever been able to help or explain why my smart gas meter doesn't work. I was told previously that if it wasn't working by this year I could get new smart meters fitted but when I try and click the link in my account it simply redirects me back to the home page of my account. Am I not able to book a smart meter upgrade because my electric one is working or?
  • 1 Reply

Community Manager
    @dmc222 Hi I'm Anasa one of the Community Co - ordinators here 💡

I'm so sorry to hear that your smart gas have never worked...🔧we're working our way through replacing all original Smart meters to the new versions but we're not currently booking actual appointments for them, I've registered your interest and once the technicians are in your area we'll be in touch. I'm sorry we can't get this done sooner for you as I know it would be ideal to have them both working I can assure you that its nothing that you're doing wrong or the fact that you have a working electricity smart its the same process for all of our customers that have an original Smart meter 😊
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣