Incorrectly assigned meter

View Tag Cloud
    I moved into a new house in March and found that it has two electricity meters. The power supply was with NPower who had, through an administrative error, double registered one of my meters on the national database to two addresses in Britain: one mine and one entirely unconnected flat in a different part of the country meaning no other energy provider would accept me as a customer until npower corrected their error.
    needless to say this was beyond the comprehension of anyone at npower customer services and in due course I opened an account with eOn.
    I finally heard from npower a couple of days ago and they advised me to raise a complaint with eon. I tried to yesterday and was told they had transferred my electricity account (not gas) to eon next. Without my authority. I think this could be a matter for the Data Protection Registrar.
    I’ve opened a complaint with the ombudsman against npower.

Who do I speak to to get the incorrect entry on the national database corrected so I can leave Eon Next?
    Third World call centre = Third World customer service
  • 1 Reply

• Best Answer

Community Manager
    Best Answer
    @Disappointed Hi its Anasa here one of the Community Co-Ordinators I'm so sorry to hear that you're not happy with the transfer over to EON next.

It looks like you've been in touch since with us since you sent this message but if you would still like to discuss this please get in touch with us for queries that are quite specific like this, it's always best to pop us a message on Facebook/Twitter or if you prefer giving us a ring, know that our lines are open 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday. Home related calls 0808 501 5200 😊
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣