Gas bill disappeared

Level 1
    Having transferred from Igloo in the latter part of 2021, my account was successfully set up for dual fuel without any issues. However, whilst still providing both gas and electric meter readings, gas disappeared from my bill as of December 8th without any notification or warning. Readings continue to be provided and accepted for both, but gas still does not appear on the bill.

I've emailed twice for an explanation, with neither receiving so much as an acknowledgement, let alone a solution.
  • 3 Replies

Level 78
    Hi @GS2022,

I'm not sure I can help much with this one myself, but I'll see if @Bennie_EONNext is around. She's better placed than me as I can't access your account. Please hang in there for a bit and you'll get an update soon.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 1
    *UPDATE* I checked my account yesterday before posting the above to confirm matters remained unchanged. Today, however, my account shows it has been credited with £129.69 and referenced 'Gas', dated 6 February, but still no bill. Curiously, the credited amount is identical to the one-off payment I made in December 2021.

Bearing in mind my DD amount remains unchanged and I haven't authorised any further one-off payment, I can only assume my account has been credited with the aforementioned payment and that gas has been completely removed from the dual fuel arrangement, all without any notification or authorisation.

The bit I omitted yesterday, was that my address is a detached new build on a small development; each property has its own meter boxes. When gas meters were first installed in 2020, British Gas incorrectly registered several of them to the wrong plot on the National Database. It took from June until December 2020 for them to supposedly rectify the problem. After written confirmation was received that all was in order and I started receiving proper bills, I switched to another supplier, Igloo. When Igloo went bust my account was set up with Eon-next, which all went smoothly, until now...

So, would anyone like to guess what I'm thinking...?
    Hey @GS2022, sorry for the late reply.

We have been extremely busy, but we are here and happy to help.

If the tariff is for a duel fuel, this will not simply stop working for one fuel (in your example gas).
    In this case I would advice you to send us a private messages on our social media channels and we can see what we need to rectify for you in order to avoid future issues and make sure that the data is correct.

Although, on the bills breakdown you can see if the gas has been billed for or not. Did you have a look at those?

Sometimes, during transfers there are hiccups where other energy suppliers are registered to supply a specific meter erroneously.

That's why it is going to be very important to have a through look at the situation.

Reach out and we can help 😊