Igloo/Symbio Final Credits - Supplier of Last Resort

Community Team
    Hey Everyone!

I can see a lot of questions around where your credit is if you've come over to us from Igloo Energy or Symbio Energy, I hope we can clear up a few things so everyone is on the same page.

If you switched to us as part of the Supplier Of Last Resort Process

This means your switch to us was done automatically and you didn't switch online/over the phone to us from one of the above suppliers.If this is the case, any credit should now be on your account, you will see this listed as a 'balance transfer' - There are a small number of people who made an additional payment to Igloo/Symbio after 3rd October 2021. This would have left a credit balance on your account with Igloo/Symbio and this has also since been moved over.If you made an additional payment after 3rd October, you will see this coming over to us also, however, this will be listed as 'Direct Debit - (amount of your payment) - The balance transferred to us plus this Direct Debit amount should equal to the credit balance shown on your final bill.

If you switched to another supplier before Igloo/Symbio ceased trading

In this instance, any credit you had is still protected. We have refunded all of these credit balances via cheque, you should have these now.

If you switched to E.ON Next before Igloo/Symbio ceased trading

If you moved directly to EON Next, we’ll be transferring any credit balance shortly.

I understand the frustration of waiting for a final credit to be applied, our hands are a little tied whilst the respective administrators of each supplier wrap up business and get these credits over to us as soon as possible.We have some info on our website which is updated regularly if things change.

If you've joined us from Igloo, please visit our Igloo Support Page
    If you've joined us from Symbio, please visit our Symbio Support Page

Pete 😊
  • 40 Replies

• Best Answer

Community Team
    Best Answer
    Hi @Mabel

I'm sorry to hear that you've still not received your cheque yet 😔

It looks like your situation is unique, with your switch to Sainsbury's Energy occurring during Igloo ceasing to trade - This should by no means impact your credit refund and the credit will still be protected.

I can see someone has spoken to you a couple of days ago about this and about your cheque, so this should be on its way to you.

Pete 😊
    Level 3
    @PeterT_EONNext
    If you switched to another supplier before Igloo/Symbio ceased trading
    In this instance, any credit you had is still protected. We have refunded all of these credit balances via cheque, you should have these now.

This is the scenario for me, and I have NOT received my credit refund (4th February) despite being told over and over and over again that it is in the post!
    I was moved from Igloo on 3rd October to Eon Next, but was already switching to Sainsburys Energy (this went thru on 7th October) I have all the relevant paperwork and all figures match (meter readings, billing, etc) and I am due a credit refund of £179.71, which I desperately need. So where is my cheque?
    An urgent reply would be appreciated, especially as you say all cheques have been sent, thank you.
    Level 3
    @PeterT_EONNext
    Thanks for replying, I appreciate that. However I've been told my cheque would be with me by end November, by end December, by end January, and the latest was in two weeks time! So I'm not filled with confidence about getting my cheque. I would really like to know where my money actually is? I understand that my situation may have been a little more complex, but not that I was the only person in this situation (I have spoken personally to others). And having seen the post claiming that all cheques should now be with us, I am worried. Is there actually someone who can investigate and find out if a cheque has actually been sent? Or when I will actually receive it? Thank you
    Community Team
    @Mabel Thanks for letting me know.

Leave it with me and I'll do some digging! 🕵️‍♂️

I'll get an answer for you as soon as I can.

Pete 😊
    Level 1
    @PeterT_EONNext

I have not received my credit either, I already had a switch underway prior to Symbio making the announcement so there was little I could do.

I have been chasing you for months by email and telephone now being told the same as the above poster "next couple of weeks....just wait".

I have forwarded my final bill and an email from the administrators showing the credit that I am due from you to hi@eonnext.com

I'd appreciate it if you could get this finalised as I am in severe financial hardship and need this money back ASAP.
    Last edited by pizzaorganic; 04-02-22 at 21:52.
    Level 3
    @PeterT_EONNext
    Thanks for your reply :) It is confusing. I was transferred to Eon Next on 3rd October when Igloo went bust. However I was in the process of switching to Sainsburys Energy and this completed on 7th October. A seamless transition, I received my final bill from Igloo on 3rd December and my first bill from Sainsburys Energy, and both tallied and were in agreement regarding meter readins etc. On 3rd October I was asked to go to new account with E.on Next, which I did and it turned out that my Sainsburys Energy and E.on Next Accounts were identical (exactly the same) just with the different companies names. I understand this is because E.on Next manages Sainsburys Energy. I think this has caused confusion and I have spent months trying to ascertain what is happening to my credit refund of £179.71 (as stated on my final bill from Igloo). I can't ascertain which of the statements above or on the Igloo Support page actually apply to me? Is it a balance transfer or a cheque? I had been advised previously that it would be a cheque... by end November, by end December, by end January, currently who knows when? I would really like my money back as soon as possible, this is an urgent matter. I would really appreciate a solid answer, many thanks, Mabel
    Level 1
    @PeterT_EONNext

Peter I'm in the identical position to Mabel moving to Sainsbury's energy just before Igloo ceased trading and have not had a cheque or any communication from eon next. I've sent a DM on Facebook with my details on Friday but if you need them again let me know.
    Community Team
    Hi @Mabel and @Tobruk

Thanks for letting me know. Just to keep you in the loop, I’m waiting for a colleague to get back to me about this, hopefully on Tuesday!

Im sorry about the time this is taking, but I promise this is being looked into.

Pete 😊
    Level 3
    @PeterT_EONNext
    No refund, no-one gets back to me with any information, I am in despair.