Another waiting an Igloo balance

Level 1
    I'm still waiting for the balance on my Igloo account which was transferred to eon. it's now been two months since Igloo sent an email with my final balance which I think is more than enough time to refund this.

Looking at threads on here I'm not the only one.

Can someone tell me how to proceed I've given up waiting on the phone. Should I come to the head office it's not that far away?
  • 5 Replies

Level 3
    @Tobruk
    And ditto for me. I've even been to the Ombudsman, where I was issued with £50 in compensation for E.on Next failures and misleading information. Really worried now as I haven't received a refund cheque, yet they are saying they have completed those. I can't get anyone to reply and tell me where my money is, just told to be patient!
    Level 78
    Hey @Mabel and @Tobruk.

I don't work for E.On or E.On Next myself so I can't access your accounts. However, I think it's possible that your account balances got held up somehow. One of the moderators here might be able to help though, so I'll see if @Anasa_EONNext is about.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Community Manager
    Hey @Mabel and @Tobruk,

There was a post about this earlier as we're getting quite a few of these and understand that people are getting a bit worried about what's happening with their credit.🤔..so just to recap here's some info that may help:

If you switched to us as part of the Supplier Of Last Resort Process this means your switch to us was done automatically and you didn't switch online/over the phone to us from one of the above suppliers.

If this is the case, any credit should now be on your account, you will see this listed as a 'balance transfer' - There are a small number of people who made an additional payment to Igloo/Symbio after 3rd October 2021. This would have left a credit balance on your account with Igloo/Symbio and this has also since been moved over.If you made an additional payment after 3rd October, you will see this coming over to us also, however, this will be listed as 'Direct Debit - (amount of your payment) - The balance transferred to us plus this Direct Debit amount should equal to the credit balance shown on your final bill.If you switched to another supplier before Igloo/Symbio ceased tradingIn this instance, any credit you had is still protected.

We have refunded all of these credit balances via cheque, you should have these now.If you switched to E.ON Next before Igloo/Symbio ceased tradingIf you moved directly to EON Next, we’ll be transferring any credit balance shortly.I understand the frustration of waiting for a final credit to be applied, our hands are a little tied whilst the respective administrators of each supplier wrap up business and get these credits over to us as soon as possible.We have some info on our website which is updated regularly if things change.If you've joined us from Igloo, please visit our Igloo Support Page

Hope this helps
    😊
    Level 3
    @Anasa_EONNext
    Thanks for your reply :) It is confusing. I was transferred to Eon Next on 3rd October when Igloo went bust. However I was in the process of switching to Sainsburys Energy and this completed on 7th October. A seamless transition, I received my final bill from Igloo on 3rd December and my first bill from Sainsburys Energy, and both tallied and were in agreement regarding meter readins etc. On 3rd October I was asked to go to new account with E.on Next, which I did and it turned out that my Sainsburys Energy and E.on Next Accounts were identical (exactly the same) just with the different companies names. I understand this is because E.on Next manages Sainsburys Energy. I think this has caused confusion and I have spent months trying to ascertain what is happening to my credit refund of £179.71 (as stated on my final bill from Igloo). I can't ascertain which of the statements above or on the Igloo Support page actually apply to me? Is it a balance transfer or a cheque? I had been advised previously that it would be a cheque... by end November, by end December, by end January, currently who knows when? I would really like my money back as soon as possible, this is an urgent matter. I would really appreciate a solid answer, many thanks, Mabel
    Community Manager
    Good Morning @Mabel, you're very welcome and I totally understand where you're coming from leave it with me I'm back in the office tomorrow and I'll see if there is anyway we can give you more of a definitive answer I can see that we're already looking into this as well so will get back to you as soon as we have an update for you 😊
    Last edited by Anasa_EONNext; 06-02-22 at 10:04.