Gas meter stopped

Level 1
    Hello

My gas meter has stopped reading how much gas I'm using. I first noticed my in home display was not giving me any usage. So I went outside to check my main meter and that is also stopped on the same read. Person on the online chat thinks it can be fixed remotely by the smart team. But I think it's my actual meter faulty and needs to be replaced.

Anyone else had this before?

It's a smart meter fitted about 2 years ago so smets2.
  • 1 Reply

Level 78
    Hiya @Fortune. Ironic choice of name eh? Just like my own choice of theunknowntech. Because literally no-one knows who I am. :)

As far as I'm concerned, if the meter has totally stopped recording all usage, it's a dead meter and needs to be replaced. An Emergency Meter Exchange should get things going again, but there'll be no way of doing ANY kind of remote fixes as it's impossible to remotely fix a failed meter. Please contact customer service again to request an EMEX. If you get stuck, please stop by here one more time as I might be able to ask a moderator to stop by.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!