SmartView 2 turn off.

I have just had the smart meter installed in my home.
    Is it possible to turn off the SmartView 2 completely I just want it on during the day not at night.
    The menu only allows to reboot the unit not turn off ??

Thanks
  • 2 Replies

• Best Answer

Best Answer
    @Bronzeage Hi there, Beki here 👋
    I have found this really nifty little video from our sister company E.ON which explains how to use your SmartView2. At the beginning it says to hold down the OK button to power on and off. Have a look, let me know what you think. https://youtu.be/lZbXrtr0LL4
    Sending positive energy!
    Level 78
    This IHD is basically identical to the legacy SSE Smart Energy Tracker (they're both from STi Electronics Philippines) that I happen to still have from my S1 days. I often found it to be extremely unreliable at almost everything - especially powering on and off. If holding down the power button doesn't show all three options of Power Off, Restart and Cancel, you're probably better off just taking the battery out at night.

Or there's always the more permanent solution. Since I'm on an S2 setup these days with Chameleon IHD6 IHDs, I no longer use my SSE SET because you can't mix and match S1 and S2 kit. So my permanent solution is because I'm very tempted to indefinitely power off my old SSE SET with a sledgehammer. It's super effective at turning these things off forever after all... But I wouldn't recommend it unless you don't ever want to use the device again. It might get a bit squashed.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!