Time To Talk Day - Thursday 3rd Feb

@HannahD and I would like to invite you, our customer Community to start an Off Topic thread this week!
    Reach out to other members, as we support our charity for this year, Mind.

Name:  Screenshot 2022-01-20 11.51.49 AM.png
Views: 655
Size:  85.8 KB

What is Time To Talk day, I hear your say?
    Time to Talk Day is the nation’s biggest mental health conversation and it’s nearly here!
    Taking place on Thursday 3 February 2022, it’s the day that friends, families, communities, and workplaces come together to talk, listen and change lives.

Please remember the Community Values and be kind, always! 😊

#TimeToTalk https://timetotalkday.co.uk/start-talking/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Beki; 27-01-22 at 14:56.
  • 2 Replies

Level 29
    • I can understand why one would be reluctant to share openly about such matters because it is such a personal topic. However, I'd like to make a point that anyone who admits to being human i.e. not perfect in mind, soul or body (all are linked), third parties are often quick to judge and slow to understand, keeping the subject taboo to discuss. However, opening up about it is scary for this reason, but the only way humanity can overcome the spirit of pride and cultivate the spirit of compassion.
    • I have needed psychotherapy in the past and have benefitted to make a complete recovery from emotional difficulties I faced in life without needing to be treated with any psychiatric drugs.
    • My father was less fortunate than I, and took his own life, but I have understood why now so there is no bitterness on my part.
    @Landmark I absolutely love that last sentence in the first paragraph. Words to live by.

'The only way humanity can overcome the spirit of pride and cultivate the spirit of compassion.' - Landmark, Feb 2022

Thank you for sharing your journey of strength - and how amazing that you succeeded without medication. I am so sorry to hear about your father, he must of been truly suffering. The stigma around mental health is one that frustrates and upsets me. With a lot of members of my family at some point being a member of the Armed Forces (it goes back generations), and despite the work that the Armed Forces do to cut back that stigma, unfortunately it is still around.

I think people are slowly changing their mindsets and it not something that will change overnight. As long as we keep reaching out to those people who need it and offering our support and understanding, we can make a difference.

Sending you so much positive energy @Landmark 🌻