Smart Meter and Customer Service

View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    I was a victim of the one of the many power company collapses and was transferred to Eon.
    My Smart meter has not been working correctly since I transferred and the IHD just says not commissioned.
    I contacted customer services who said a smart meter engineer will try and reboot it remotely and if that doesn't work will arrange a visit.
    I have heard nothing since and multiple emails to customer services to try and get an update are not even replied to.
    My experience of Eon so far is very negative, I'm guessing this is the norm rather the exception ?
    Anybody have the CEO's email ? 😉
  • 1 Reply

• Best Answer

Best Answer
    @Mktjf Hi there, Beki here! Thank you for taking the time to post on our Community.

When you switch suppliers it can take up to 42 days (6 weeks) for your smart meters to reconnect.
    When did your switch happen? 😊

You can, of course email the CEO and find the information to do so here, but generally, I'm pretty awesome when it comes to fixing most smart meter issues. @theunknowntech has some great responses to members of the Community who have been in similar situations. You can have a search or check out this one here.