Refund cheque?

Level 3
    I was well aware of the guidelines regarding switching, I had started the switching process from Igloo before the company went bust, and E.on Next was the SOLR (04-10-21) (coincidentally, the switch to Sainsburys Energy happened 4 days later (07-10-21) however both accounts were actually identical as they are both managed by E.on Next, same account number, etc. I was immediately concerned that this had the potential to cause difficulties, hence I began contact straight away, to ascertain how my credit refund would be processed, and when I could expect to receive it. Unfortunately the litany of misinformation and fobbing off was ongoing from that point, for at least 3 months, at which point I took it to the Ombudsman. On 19 January 2022, I received £50 compensation from E.on Next (to the account) and am awaiting a full letter of apology for their failures. I was told, on at least six occasions, that my cheque was in the post, I was asked if I had received it, I was told that Igloo would issue the refund, despite it stating clearly on E.on Next information page that they would be refunding... truly atrocious. I believe that the exceptional circumstances in the energy supply industry have indeed thrown everyone out of balance and caused great confusion, however it was up to E.on Next to ensure their reps were able to adequately handle the enquiries that people, such as myself, were/are making. Currently I have been told that my cheque will be with me by the end of this month (January) if not, to get back in touch, which does not fill me with confidence, however, I'm trying to be positive and hoping this is correct. Currently being asked to be patient... however I would say that when you are going into fuel poverty, despite conscientious management of your money (the credit built up with Igloo) it is hard to be patient, and worrying. I do understand that everyone is working very hard on this issue, although it may have been a better approach to issue people with their credit, then deal retrospectively with any anolmalies? After all, that is someone else's hard earned and much needed money, that is being withheld.
  • 1 Reply

Level 91
    Hope you had a satisfactory outcome in the end.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.