Moving home

Level 1
    I'm trying to tell Eon that I've moved out of my flat but customer service over email keeps telling me to fill out a moving out form online.
    Online, it tells me to email my details of moving out to customer service and I'm now just going round in circles.
    I've tried calling but I'm on hold so so long.

Can someone tell me how to register with Eon that I'm moving out and if there is a form where to find it?

Thanks
  • 3 Replies

Level 78
    Hi,

I'm theunknowntech, a forum volunteer here. I don't work for E.On myself (otherwise I'd have this solved in 10 seconds flat!) but I can give advice.

I just checked the main website myself, and it definitely seems as if you're apparently supposed to email this in. However, I'd rather not see you go round and round in circles again. Let me see if Hannah or Beki are around, as they might be able to step in and get the ball rolling.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Head of Community
    Hey @lhayes

Sorry for the delay getting back to you, that doesn't sound good at all! I'll ask the team to take a look at what's going on with the form/email situation.

Whilst we're looking at that, the quickest way to get some help for your account is to send us a direct message on Facebook or Twitter, our digi teams are around 24 hours a day, 365 days a year - they'll be able to get you sorted!

If you're not on social media, feel free to drop me a direct message with your account details and I'll get this looked at - I just don't work 24 hour days 365 days a year so may take a little longer to get back to you.

Thanks

Hannah - here to spread positive energy
    Head of Community
    Hi (again) lhayes

Sorry I managed to do a little more digging and locate your emails to us, I'm really sorry I can totally see why you were frustrated! Not the level of service we'd expect at all and clearly not a website issue, just the teams asking you to do the wrong thing.

I can see you've managed to get things sorted now, so no need to reach out again but I'll be having a chat with our email teams to make sure they're really clear on how to help our customers moving out and keep it as simple as possible.

Thanks for raising this on the community, hopefully any future chats can be around something more positive and not that we've left you totally frustrated!

Hannah