Smart meter not sending gas reading

Level 1
    Hi, my smart meter is sending electric readings but no gas readings for 90 days. I have just sent a manual reading but obviously this needs sorting.

Also, I don't seem to be able to view any bills. Previously, with eon, I was able to view the 'paper' bill online. I don't see the option for this anywhere.

Thank you
    Regards jaw
  • 5 Replies

• Best Answer

Best Answer
    @simont I don't think that anyone has implied that it is your fault and I am sorry that you feel that way. Perhaps the communication wasn't clear and I will pass this back to the team to get this looked into for future communications.

Your smart meters not working is just a hiccup that does happen in some cases when you change supplier and they will come back online soon.

Name:  Screenshot 2022-01-25 1.54.22 PM.png
Views: 965
Size:  154.0 KB

There is also a link to our most frequently asked questions regarding the move here.

I understand your frustrations though and would like to once again apologise for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused, as well as the length of time this has been ongoing without a full explanation. This is by no means indicative of the standard of customer care that we endeavour to demonstrate, and I am sorry that this has been the case in this in this instance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    @jaw Hey there, Beki here, the Community Manager and I'm so happy you have reached out to us on the Community.

The issue with your smart meter may be something very simple, like the billing/reading schedule needs to be set up our end. Or it could be something that we need to look into with our smart metering team. Either way, I think you need to pop us a message on Facebook (@eonnext) or Twitter (@eon_next) or if you prefer giving us a ring, know that our lines are open 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday. For home related calls it's 0808 501 5200 or for business related calls it's 0808 501 5699.

In regards to your online account, if you go to the home page, you should be able to see the option of 'view bills and payments'.

Name:  Screenshot 2022-01-16 4.36.55 PM.png
Views: 969
Size:  28.8 KB
    Once you've found that section, it gives you the option of 'transactions' or 'bills'. If you click on 'bills' it will give you a list of your previous bills that you can click and download.

Name:  Screenshot 2022-01-16 4.43.18 PM.png
Views: 953
Size:  27.6 KB

Please let me know how you get on. 😊
    Level 2
    The problem is the change to Eon Next. It appears that the change to Eon Next has been registered as a change of supplier not a change of name. The Smart meters will not apparently work for several months - I was told it could be the end of 2022 before the problem is resolved... You will need to read your meters until Eon tell you otherwise. If you have a Fit meter, you may find that the account has completely disappeared and you're not able to input readings for the electricity you've generated.
    The problem is the change to Eon Next. It appears that the change to Eon Next has been registered as a change of supplier not a change of name.

We are a seperate company to E.ON Energy and that is why it is classed as a change of supplier 😊 If you have a SMETS 1 smart meter, then these are swiftly being connected to the DCC and enabling us to fetch meter readings! How exciting! 😎
    Level 2
    Beki, can I point out that the change to Eon Next was marketed as a change to greener energy NOT a change of supplier. To quote one of Eon's representatives on Money Saving Expert "E.ON Next is the new face of E.ON. Originally set up to manage all ex-Npower customers with new and improved systems. It works so well that we're moving over all original E.ON customers with an aim to have this completed by June 2022." NOWHERE does it say that this is a change of supplier.!! We are left with Smart Meters that don't work, Fit Meter accounts that have disappeared and somehow it's OUR fault!!!! It should have been made crystal clear that this was a change of supplier. It has caused a lot of stress, particularly to your vulnerable customers who are being sent emails / letters telling them that they haven't read their meters for 40 days and they have to provide one NOW. How are we supposed to know that the Smart Meters are no longer working?? The whole change has been appallingly handled by Eon.