You don't reply

Level 1
    I've sent 2 emails one this month and one last month, you don't reply and are a nightmare to get through to. Why did you take away the chat function? Please don't tell me to message via social media as I don't use it.

But why give an email address if your just going to completely ignore your customers?!
  • 11 Replies

@LauraC Hey there, Beki here 👋 I'm sorry you have been unable to get in touch with us recently but I am so happy that you have found us here on the E.ON Next Community. Not to make excuses, but the first few weeks after Christmas with Bank Holidays etc are always hectic and well let's just say that socks didn't help. 🙈 We have never had a chat function on our website though, so you may be confused with E.ON (we are two separate companies).

Would you like to chat to me on here and perhaps I can help you out - please don't use specific account numbers or anything like that as we are a public forum, but a general query our awesome Community members may be able to help out with, or if they can't I can usually have a little look into your account.

Speak soon 😊
    Level 29
    Please don't tell me to message via social media as I don't use it.
    Why is that❔
    Level 78
    Not everyone wants to use social media for various reasons. Myself and Blastoise186 for example, don't have any trust in social media at all and refuse to use it ever. We never even had accounts on sites like Bebo or MySpace back in the day either (those sites are of course, long gone now).

Blastoise actually has so little trust in social media, that he showed me one of the tricks he uses to keep a certain social media site out of his way. It's rather... Overpowered... But it works.

Name:  Screenshot 2022-01-16 185413.png
Views: 514
Size:  41.9 KB

There are genuine reasons why one might prefer to avoid it completely as well, and I aim to respect that. It's also why me and Blastoise help out via forums like this one, since it provides an option to get advice in a less privacy invasive space.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 1
    @Beki Thank you for replying I'm very grateful. My questions were about the warm home discount and my electric meter read.

Warm home - didn't apply last year but have a disabled son so got it automatically, partner has since been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis so both on vulnerable and priority registers. Should I have received something to say we'll get it?

Electric meter read - I have a smart meter that only shows me 1 reading, when I go to my account it asks for a night read as well. I can't get this from my smart meter or my meter in the cupboard so if my readings from the smart meter haven't been read for ages and I want to submit one, how can I do this as the account won't let me without a night reading?
    Level 1
    @Landmark exactly as the unknown has said. I don't trust them and I don't like them so I choose not to use them.
    Level 78
    @Beki Thank you for replying I'm very grateful. My questions were about the warm home discount and my electric meter read.

Warm home - didn't apply last year but have a disabled son so got it automatically, partner has since been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis so both on vulnerable and priority registers. Should I have received something to say we'll get it?

Electric meter read - I have a smart meter that only shows me 1 reading, when I go to my account it asks for a night read as well. I can't get this from my smart meter or my meter in the cupboard so if my readings from the smart meter haven't been read for ages and I want to submit one, how can I do this as the account won't let me without a night reading?

Gotcha, sure thing!

For the Warm Home Discount, you'll need to apply manually if you're in the Broader Group. Please see the details at https://www.eonnext.com/warm-home-discount for more info. Be quick though, the scheme for 2021/22 closes in a few weeks or so and I'd hate for you to miss out. As long as you apply in time, you should be good.

As for the meter readings... It sounds to me as if Economy 7 is still active on your account somehow. If this is meant to be the case, I can definitely help you with the instructions to grab both readings. Please could you post photos of all your meters when you get chance. I'll double check which one the E7 applies to and grab the details. :)
    Level 1
    @theunknowntech Thank you 😊 I will try and get you the photo as soon as I can, its in the back of my cupboard which is currently crammed with all sorts! I used to be able to hold the button on the meter to get the night read but when the smart meters were installed that function has now disappeared 😕

I've tried to apply via that method already for the warm home discount, but none of the options apply and it keeps telling me to email or call which I've done but not been able to get a response 🙃
    Level 29
    @Landmark exactly as the unknown has said. I don't trust them and I don't like them so I choose not to use them.
    Throwing the baby (benefits) out with the bathwater (risks), when the risks can be controlled, like privacy settings to maximum, use of strong passwords with 2 factor authentication through a good security software including the use of password manager and virtual private network (usually included in security suite).
    Therefore, its the same with surfing the net or sending/receiving emails, with due care against cybercrime, like driving safely, I think the benefits outweigh the risks; its a no brainer
    Level 3
    I normally press button 6 four times on my cupboard meter, then it shows both daytime and night time readings one after the other. the total number of both should be the same as the usage number on your smart meter.