Warm Home Discount

Level 1
    I have always qualified for the warm home discount under the broader group , under a low income and in receipt of pip , but no other benefits. Now , after being sent emails and texts asking me to apply , which I have done , only to be told I do not qualify . Why do I not qualify anymore please ? My circumstances are exactly the same as they have always been and I have always qualified and received this help . I am now so very worried about my bills , after being told I do not qualify for this help !
  • 8 Replies

• Best Answer

Best Answer
    Hey @lallignome, Beki here 👋 I've had a little look into your account and it seems that an application is still able to be made. If you pop over to your online account and follow the link, you should be to apply. Name:  Screenshot 2022-01-08 1.01.57 PM.png
Views: 693
Size:  34.0 KB

I'm sure you are already aware and so I'm sharing this for future passers by, to qualify for the broader group for the Warm Home Discount Scheme, you need to meet the following criteria.

Name:  1634128602112.png
Views: 703
Size:  184.4 KB
    Once the customer has applied it can take up to 3 weeks for us to send them a letter or email confirming we have received the application. It can take up to 12 weeks for the payment to be issued from the date the application reached us.

They may also be asked to provide evidence of their benefits in order to be approved for WHD. Customers will received a letter/email detailing what evidence needs to be provided and how they can send that to us.

If you need some assistance with anything, you can send a message across to us on Facebook (@eonnext) or Twitter (@eon_next) or if you prefer giving us a ring, know that our lines are open 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday. For home related calls it's 0808 501 5200 or for business related calls it's 0808 501 5699.
    Level 15
    I've applied for warm home discount last year but I haven't heard anything wether I've been excepted or not this year I did get refused once before like you but it was because I filled the form in wrong but then was reinstated once rectified have you checked with eon if you have filled in anything wrong
    Level 1
    I have applied for the warm home discount a while back but not had a reply other than a confirmation I've applied, I usually receive a letter inviting me to apply but didn't this year. My confirmation email tells me to check my dashboard for updates on the application process but their isn't anything regarding the WHD at all. My mother in law has been informed she can't apply this year as her supplier has already received enough applications, when did it become first come first served? Thought you got it through being entitled?
    Level 15
    Hi this happened to me last year but it was my fault i ticked somthing wrong and this year Wen I tryed to fill the form in it wasnt allowing me to add wat I needed to so I contacted eon by email and a kind man took my details and sorted it for me and I was awarded it and it came today , there has been a few hiccups with the websites so maybe it would be better if you contact them directly to see if they can help you in any way if your entitled then please don't leave it to hope because if you leave it too late then maybe you won't receive it , my daughter was paying bedroom tax for 2 years unaware she shouldn't have been but now has been rectified but it wasn't untill she knew and she pressed on with it or she would still be doing the same now always be the squeeky wheel if you are entitled to somthing it never hurts to keep asking hope this gets sorted for you sending positive hugs
    Level 1
    @Tracy I've had an email saying my application has been approved so should expect it soon. On the application page I noted it says its first come first serve for the broader group which is shocking really, my mother in law has applied to late, she is with EDF and the application page is closed stating they've had enough already, seems she was set up to fail. No letter to apply and when she stopped waiting for it to arrive she was too late to apply herself
    Level 3
    My application was very straight forward, getting a council tax reduction, the WHD was paid very quickly.
    Level 15
    @ScarletS80 aww glad to hear yours is getting sorted but that's seems unfair for your mother-in-law I was unaware that was the case for her group that dose seem very unfair dosent it I would look into why that is it dosent seem right to have a first come first serve basis that's like a game and will leave a lot of people to struggle that shouldnt be the case for anyone really everyone should have the same rights surley this is why you should always send emails or ring even Wen sending your application to make sure it's not been mislaid or anything because many places are understaffed now , I have a old neighbour and she has been struck with a 1000 bill from the council because her application for home care had been left unseen for 2 years because of covid restrictions and she's been receiving but not paying her subsidiary to them ridiculous Wen she's on pension and she's at end of life now so sad so many things are going inside down right now for many people
    Level 1
    I've still have not received my Warm Home discount which i applied for in October