EON to EON next

Level 1
    Hi,
    I'll be upfront and say I am a pretty unhappy EON next customer and that Laura from E-ON next, to her credit has been trying to resolve many issues.

I stumbled across this forums and am interested to know if anyone has managed to resolve issues I have encountered

1. Did anyone have an SEG tariff with EON, if you did, do you know who holds it now? EON say it is with EON next, EON next think it is with EON, I think it is with EON but no one can confirm who it is with.

2. When you were transferred from EON to EON next, did your date that money was taken change? Did you get notified. I got a big bill due to the longer period, I am sure this is not acceptable to change dates money is taken.

3. I pay for what I use, apparently it is cheaper to do this by fixed amount. Can anyone actually do this themselves via the website if you have an existing DD.

4. How long did you wait before smart meter started working and sending data to E-ON next. Apparently I am stuck waiting for some electricity meter data to be sent to them (been a couple of months now).

5. Can anyone find the usage data we used to get access to on the E-ON website? This data was awesome, allowing for comparisons and for people who generate their own electricity allows you to optimize usage and see how you are doing comparatively. The new website seems dumbed down, with the historic data much harder to find. The comparison in the bill isn't that easy to decipher either.

Any insights from others would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Alex
  • 8 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 78
    Best Answer
    Ok, I think I can answer some of these questions. All answers are my own and are as someone who has no links to E.On or E.On Next outside this forum. Here goes...

1. Did anyone have an SEG tariff with EON, if you did, do you know who holds it now? EON say it is with EON next, EON next think it is with EON, I think it is with EON but no one can confirm who it is with.

I think it's likely that a SEG account would be migrated separately from your supply account. If you've not been informed that your SEG is moving over, it's probably still with E.On and hasn't migrated yet.

2. When you were transferred from EON to EON next, did your date that money was taken change? Did you get notified. I got a big bill due to the longer period, I am sure this is not acceptable to change dates money is taken.

From what I've heard, the payment date is meant to be the same once you get past the first bill. I wasn't notified, but at the same time I'm not with any E.On brand anyway, so I'm not affected by any migrations of this type.

3. I pay for what I use, apparently it is cheaper to do this by fixed amount. Can anyone actually do this themselves via the website if you have an existing DD.

Usually, fixed rate deals are indeed cheaper under normal circumstances. But with the energy market all over the place right now, it's really hard to say what's best for you. I'm told you can switch tariff via self-service, but I've not found the details on how to do it.

4. How long did you wait before smart meter started working and sending data to E-ON next. Apparently I am stuck waiting for some electricity meter data to be sent to them (been a couple of months now).

It's usually six weeks if you have SMETS2 meters, but could be longer if you have SMETS1. Please could you post photos of your meters? I can use those to identify what you've got - and if I can't figure it out, my friend Blastoise186 certainly can.

5. Can anyone find the usage data we used to get access to on the E-ON website? This data was awesome, allowing for comparisons and for people who generate their own electricity allows you to optimize usage and see how you are doing comparatively. The new website seems dumbed down, with the historic data much harder to find. The comparison in the bill isn't that easy to decipher either.

Tricky one for me to answer to be honest. If you can't find it on the website at all, third party apps like Hildebrand Bright, Loop and the Chameleon Integration with Samsung SmartThings that can attempt to grab the usage data from your meters. But those apps only work if you've got either SMETS2 meters, or SMETS1 meters that have migrated over to DCC.

Hope this helps. If you're still stuck with anything, throw it my way and I'll see what I can do as long as it doesn't require accessing your account.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 78
    Hi,

I'm theunknowntech and I'm a forum volunteer who helps out here. While I don't work for E.On myself and I'm not supplied by E.On, I can try to do some research into the resources I've gathered over time. Bear with me and I'll see how many of your questions I can answer within the next day or so!
    Level 1
    I was an existing Eon customer and they transferred me to Eon Next. In the email they sent all of us, they told us we don't have to do anything, basically sit back and enjoy!

What a load of rubbish. I spent hours on the phone sorting my account and payments out. The back office software obviously was not tested properly and created problems for those who had to deal with the calls from old and transferred customers.

If this was a Bank creating the same problem it would of been front page news within a week.
    Level 1
    @theunknowntech

k, I think I can answer some of these questions. All answers are my own and are as someone who has no links to E.On or E.On Next outside this forum. Here goes...

I think it's likely that a SEG account would be migrated separately from your supply account. If you've not been informed that your SEG is moving over, it's probably still with E.On and hasn't migrated yet.

I had tracked this down. The problem is that EON send emails saying you are an EON next customer, even though you aren't. The SEG tariff was indeed moved separately but as this happens you enter a gray area when both companies say it is not with them. Currently the new app tries to treat it like a standard gas and electricity tariff which you cannot enter readings. At the moment I will have a few weeks where I am exporting electricity, no idea who is benefiting.

From what I've heard, the payment date is meant to be the same once you get past the first bill. I wasn't notified, but at the same time I'm not with any E.On brand anyway, so I'm not affected by any migrations of this type.

So as part of the transfer you agree that the payment date (the date the money is taken) can be different. I have no idea when / where you do that. I find the simple / clear website misses exceptionally important information. In the process of simplification, it seems we are in a world of obfuscation now.

Usually, fixed rate deals are indeed cheaper under normal circumstances. But with the energy market all over the place right now, it's really hard to say what's best for you. I'm told you can switch tariff via self-service, but I've not found the details on how to do it.

This is really an issue with EON. I paid for what I used, always have done. Never knew it was cheaper to pay fixed amounts each month. Bizarre

It's usually six weeks if you have SMETS2 meters, but could be longer if you have SMETS1. Please could you post photos of your meters? I can use those to identify what you've got - and if I can't figure it out, my friend Blastoise186 certainly can.

EON next has informed me that it is perfectly common for smart meters to break and stop transmitting readings. Have attached an email to a couple of thread posts. They won't suddenly magically start working until the government posts an update. This is unknown. I think EON next should have made it clear that this could happen especially as they knew about it.

Tricky one for me to answer to be honest. If you can't find it on the website at all, third party apps like Hildebrand Bright, Loop and the Chameleon Integration with Samsung SmartThings that can attempt to grab the usage data from your meters. But those apps only work if you've got either SMETS2 meters, or SMETS1 meters that have migrated over to DCC.

No, that data is gone, year on year usage has disappeared. Flipping annoying when tracking usage. When you start generating electricity this usage information really helps optimise electricity usage in the house, you sort of get addicted to it. EON next in there dumbing down mission are depriving customers of the information that helps them to use less electricity. I get you can sort of see usage by other apps, but nothing beats your actual bills and trends.
    Level 1
    I was an existing Eon customer and they transferred me to Eon Next. In the email they sent all of us, they told us we don't have to do anything, basically sit back and enjoy!

What a load of rubbish. I spent hours on the phone sorting my account and payments out. The back office software obviously was not tested properly and created problems for those who had to deal with the calls from old and transferred customers.

If this was a Bank creating the same problem it would of been front page news within a week.
    Totaly Agree
    Level 1
    Seems I can't get in Contact with Eon.. They could be Taking even more from my DD.. No Bill's In A Year not good enough 😖
    Level 91
    @Hilly

Lucky you!

The maximum period a supplier can backdate bills is 12 months. So the longer this goes on the more you don't have to pay.

Check the energy back-billing rules | Ofgem
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.