Smart Metering when moved from Igloo to EON Next

Level 1
    Hi,

I have recently transferred from Igloo to you. I have a Smart Meter installed already. Would you be able to pick my meters reading for my gas & electricity? If not, what action does it require from me in order to start the process so that you can read my Smart Meters readings.?
  • 1 Reply

• Best Answer

Level 78
    Best Answer
    Hi,

I'm a forum volunteer called theunknowntech. I don't work for E.On but I can help out with a question like this one.

From my understanding, you shouldn't need to do anything to get your meters to reconnect. If they're SMETS2 meters, then it's just a case of letting the six week migration process do its thing and transfer control of the meters over. If the meters are SMETS1 though, it might take a bit longer as there's more work that has to take place in the background. All S1 meters are slowly being migrated to DCC anyway via Enrolment & Adoption, which is one of the ways that this can be sorted out. But it does take six weeks from the date that the migration starts.

I'm afraid I can't check the status of your meters myself, but chances are yours are on the radar to be connected. The Ofgem SoLR process does factor this in and one of the factors considered, is the ability for the Appointed Supplier to connect to ALL Smart Meters that are involved in the migration.

For now, you don't need to do anything other than submit manual readings. You'll be notified when Smart readings resume.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!