Another user who cant add electric meter readings

Level 1
    Hey

I am another user who has tried to do a meter reading and the website is demanding two readings for my single rate smets1 meter.

Any hints other than to waste my time dealing with woefully trained staff at customer fobb off team?

My smets1 meter has 3 grey buttons and nothing else. Was originally installed by Eon 5 years ago.
  • 4 Replies

• Best Answer

Head of Community
    Best Answer
    Hiya

I'm really sorry to hear we've had your meter updated correctly on your account with us and that my colleague you spoke to over email took some time to understand what had happened - this isn't the usual level of service we'd expect.

I can see you've since spoken to us over the phone and they've put the wheels in motion to get everything updated. This can take some time as it involves communicating with various teams who may not be open this week but it will get sorted.

If you aren't getting any updates please send me a direct message on here and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks

Hannah - here to spread positive energy
    Level 1
    Hiya

I'm really sorry to hear we've had your meter updated correctly on your account with us and that my colleague you spoke to over email took some time to understand what had happened - this isn't the usual level of service we'd expect.

I can see you've since spoken to us over the phone and they've put the wheels in motion to get everything updated. This can take some time as it involves communicating with various teams who may not be open this week but it will get sorted.

If you aren't getting any updates please send me a direct message on here and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks

To be honest nobody has bothered to update me.
    My emails asking for an update are being ignored.
    I asked in the first place for it to go to complaints and someone who is NOT from complaints was dealing with it.
    The person on the phone clearly had no idea and kept passing the buck.

All in all this is costing me time and time is money. Money which I will be expecting to get compensation for. Of course you guys don't want to resolve it quickly because you are stealing extra money from me by double charging me.
    Oh and surprise surprise your system has already issued a new bill where you have, as stated, stolen my money by charging me twice for the same energy usage.

Is it forbidden for your company to outbound call complainants anymore with an update? You know a simple phone call with a "yes we messed up, this is what we are doing, this is an estimated fix time, this is when we will next update you regardless of the situation", and then offer a proper resolution which I'm expecting to be monetary to take into account the amount of time I have spent on this so far again chasing up your mess up.
    Head of Community
    To be honest nobody has bothered to update me.
    My emails asking for an update are being ignored.
    I asked in the first place for it to go to complaints and someone who is NOT from complaints was dealing with it.
    The person on the phone clearly had no idea and kept passing the buck.

All in all this is costing me time and time is money. Money which I will be expecting to get compensation for. Of course you guys don't want to resolve it quickly because you are stealing extra money from me by double charging me.
    Oh and surprise surprise your system has already issued a new bill where you have, as stated, stolen my money by charging me twice for the same energy usage.

Is it forbidden for your company to outbound call complainants anymore with an update? You know a simple phone call with a "yes we messed up, this is what we are doing, this is an estimated fix time, this is when we will next update you regardless of the situation", and then offer a proper resolution which I'm expecting to be monetary to take into account the amount of time I have spent on this so far again chasing up your mess up.

Hiya

I'm really sorry no one has responded to your request for an update, expectations should definitely have been set that this wouldn't be resolved within a day. I've contacted my colleague to ask them to reach out to you today to let you know when she'll have this resolved.

And just to reassure you any bills that have been sent showing the incorrect two rates will be credited back to your account so you won't be asked to pay for these.

Thanks

Level 29
    Hey

I am another user who has tried to do a meter reading and the website is demanding two readings for my single rate smets1 meter.

Any hints other than to waste my time dealing with woefully trained staff at customer fobb off team?

My smets1 meter has 3 grey buttons and nothing else. Was originally installed by Eon 5 years ago.
    How long has this been going on to date?
    My reason for asking is because we need to determine what is a reasonable timeframe your complaint is being dealt with.
    Who did you write to about this complaint, and to what address, or email address.
    Who responded to your complaint and was it in writing and if so, was it signed?

I suggest that if as you put it someone who (was) ***not*** from complaints dealt with your complaint, you will have to prove this if you are to escalate this complaint and thus take it further in order to get it resolved.

Also consider other agencies to go through such as Resolver - the complaints tool where it organizes your case in a virtual folder and packages it if it needs to be bundled into evidence should it go to the Ombudsman or to the Small Claims Court. Please note that the Ombudsman will require a 'Deadlock Letter' from Eon Next before they can take up your case.

Please keep us informed of your progress of whether your complaint gets resolved, one way or another, however, note that given the current circumstances with the crises we are in, lower your expectations that this be anytime soon. In the meantime, it's not worth stressing about, so aside from that, have a happy new 2022