"The Holidays"!!!

View Tag Cloud
    What the heck. Just got an email from E-on wishing my Happy Holidays. And hope you have the jolliest of Holidays!
    it's Christmas. Not The Holidays. We have our holiday in the summer. The holiday season!
    So annoying to hear people say Happy Holidays!
    Stop doing it!!!!!!!
  • 2 Replies

Level 29
    What the heck. Just got an email from E-on wishing my Happy Holidays. And hope you have the jolliest of Holidays!
    it's Christmas. Not The Holidays. We have our holiday in the summer. The holiday season!
    So annoying to hear people say Happy Holidays!
    Stop doing it!!!!!!!
    Yea, I think you have a point here; I get irritated when people write merry xmas on Christmas cards to me. Even 'Christmas' written with a small 'c', is not so bad, but in my opinion, poor grammar.
    However, I can understand why it might be done because we live in a politically correct secular society.
    Hey there, Beki here the Community Manager and also part of the positivity parade! 🌈

I am afraid I am going to disagree with you @robot. Although Christmas has been in the past, the most widely celebrated religious holiday of the season; we are aware that we have such a diverse world these days and not everybody celebrates Christmas. They may celebrate Hanukkah or they may not celebrate anything at all. 'Happy Holidays' allows every person to be included in your wishes for them a positive time of the year. It's all about being aware of how words/actions affect people and we are doing our part to make sure that everyone's holiday season is as happy as it can be. 😊
    Last edited by Beki; 01-01-22 at 16:13.