IHD replacement

View Tag Cloud
    Level 78
    Hey @VMF ,

Beki has confirmed to me this week that you now have a replacement option via the ivie Bud at https://ivie.co.uk . If you chuck the discount code EONNEXT5 into the voucher code option of the basket, it'll give you a 10% discount which basically means you get free delivery. She's told me the offer is good for ALL customers regardless of account age, but you can still buy the ivie Bud at full price anyway if you want to.

If you do that, it'll be sent out in the post within a couple of days and you can set it up yourself.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 78
    The difficulty however, is that the free one will still be the IHDL SmartView 2 right now - and that thing is terrible.

I do agree with you though and I'll see if I can get Beki to pull a few strings.
    Level 2
    That would be much appreciated if Beki can. Even if it’s a slightly better discount code provides a better incentive to purchase, many thanks Victoria
    Level 0
    I also need a new Ihd but £50 in the current state of things is not affordable especially when some other suppliers replace them for free.
    Level 2
    I ended up paying for it in the end just to get it done, I was getting stressed about it and it wasn’t worth it.
    I agree it’s insane that you have to pay, especially considering I was a new customer taking over the account at the new address. It’s all just BS for profit!
    We had issues with our costs being the same as a 6 bedroom house (2 bed flat) which is why we needed the device to explain why it cost so much. We still don’t know so we are getting an electrician out. IHD has been useful to have as some lights are insanely expensive to have on instead of lamps.
    I did look at IHDs on eBay, however some devices look brand new but I just didn’t want to risk it being used or faulty etc.
    Level 1
    @Beki_EONNext Hi, just came across this thread when trying to get an IHD sent out to us after previous owners of our property took the existing one. Are you saying an IHD can be sent out to a customer with a SMETS1 metre?
    Level 78
    SMETS1 IHDs are a nightmare to get hold of from suppliers I'm afraid. Your best bet would be either an ivie Bud or Hildebrand Glow IHD. I've got a guide at https://community.eonnext.com/thread...ve-IHD-options which might help you decide.
    Level 1
    Hello all.

Really need advice and guidance.

i moved into my house in Nov 2019, and have only today been told by eon next that I already have smart meters. I was not left the IHD. The previous owner took my IHD.

I then asked if I could get a replacement IHD, the customer officer was very rude and also made fun on phone and asked me to go to eBay and Amazon and pay and buy. I would have paid and bought, but I dont know what to buy and then i would buy all these devices which are not supported and then risk losing it all.

Then So… EON is happy to charge me 256 pounds per month, make fun of me and disconnect my calls and dont respond, they wont send me an IHD. I am genuinely need one to monitor my usage and cut corners were possible. I have not had one, since i got the connection. EON is happy to onboard me , but not provide all services and IHD.
    Level 78
    Hi @rammitshop ,

DON'T go to eBay or Amazon! That's not the solution and I'm sorry to hear you were told that. I'm going to let @Beki_EONNext know about this as she's been trying to stamp out that bad advice. Your best bet would be to check out my thread at https://community.eonnext.com/thread...ve-IHD-options where I've documented all the options that will actually work. They range from free apps to one-time purchase IHDs that are yours to keep even if you switch supplier later.

If you get stuck, give me a shout.
    Level 1
    Heya, Beki here 👋

I have sent an email over to the smart metering team to see if there if we can get one sent out with an engineer - it will need to be synced to your meters. I'll let you know when they reply. 😎

@Beki_EONNext Hi Beki (or anyone who can help), I'm having an absolute nightmare trying to obtain a smart meter display/IHD for my home. I moved in approximately 3 years ago (2019). When i moved in there was no IHD in the home, although smart meters are installed, so I can only assume that either there was never one provided, or the previous occupant has taken the IHD with them when they moved out. Since then I've tried on numerous occasions to obtain one. Phoned 2 years ago to be told that Eon didn't currently offer IHDs. Then phoned again 1 year ago to be told that my smart meters weren't currently compatible with an IHD, but a big update would be coming out in the next few months that should make them compatible. I called again yesterday to be told that my meter is now compatible, however there is no way i can obtain one as they are only under warranty for 12 months. This seems totally insane to me, as I've never in my life had one! I'm really worried about the price rises coming next month and all I want is to be able to monitor my energy usage, identify which appliances use the most energy etc, which will allow me to budget accordingly. I am pulling my hair out here, is there anything you might be able to do to help me? Thanks in advance for any assistance