Multiple Readings Electric Meter

Level 1
    My electric meter gives multiple readings and the input settings on EON website are not compatible. How do I enter these?
  • 6 Replies

• Best Answer

Best Answer
    My electric meter gives multiple readings and the input settings on EON website are not compatible. How do I enter these?
    Hey there, Beki here 👋 I have just had a look at your account and it is giving you 2 options - a day reading and a night reading and all seems to be working correctly. Can you give me some more information about the error please?
    Level 78
    Howdy!

I'm a forum volunteer so I don't have a way to access your account but I think I have a theory on this one. Two actually. To me it sounds like there's a problem with your account, either:
    1. A bug on the online system which has caused it not to detect your meter setup correctly
    2. Your meter isn't properly registered as being a multi-rate meter and the system assumes it's just a single-rate setup

This might be tricky to resolve via the forum, so you'll probably want to contact customer service about this. One thing you could try, would be to see if you can submit the meter readings over the phone. Even if the lines are closed, most suppliers have an automated phone system that still lets you make card payments and submit meter readings anyway so that might be worth a try.

I've gone ahead and placed a couple of tags on this thread, to help me find it again later. I hope you're OK with that, but if you'd rather I remove them please let me know.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 1
    I am having exactly the same error.

Emailed in and got some canned response telling me that I have a duel rate smart meter. News to me.
    Considering this SMETS1 has been installed for past 5 years by Eon (the old Eon) and there was no issue, moved to bulb again no issues, moved back to Eon (the old eon) amazingly no issues. Now been forced to move onto this new Eon rebrand and now the errors start occuring.

Apparently if I press the blue button on my SMETS1 it will show me rate 2. Well I have 3 grey buttons!!

Level 78
    @sandco Howdy!

Could you show me some photos of your meter please? You can post them in this thread in your next reply. I can try to identify the meter from there and hopefully figure out how to check this.
    Level 78
    Ah yes, I see what you mean. The instructions you found are only applicable to a different meter brand. The only one I know of which would give you that information via a blue button is Aclara for both the SMETS1 Aclara SGM1300 Series and SMETS2 Aclara SGM1400 Series.

However, you're in luck. I managed to find what you're after. I don't normally copy/paste, but I have done in this case as it was easier.

Originally Posted by a source of mine
    If you have multiple rates, please follow the following guidance;

1. Press and hold the middle push button to enter the Main Menu
    2. ‘General’ should be displayed
    3. Press and hold the middle button to enter the ‘General’ sub-menu, ‘Time & Date’ should be displayed
    4. Using the bottom button, scroll down to ‘ToU Registers’
    5. Press and hold the middle button to enter the ‘ToU Registers’ sub-menu, and ‘Imp. Rx’ Will be displayed, with a value underneath it
    6. Use the bottom button to cycle through the rates
    Last edited by theunknowntech; 31-12-21 at 11:02. Reason: Fix BBCode syntax