Smart Meter Fitted. Not sending readings and no in-house display

Level 1
    @robinhouse
    This is the same type of meter that they fitted to us when we had an appointment for a "smart" meter. We have been trying to get an answer from customer services. Of our numerous calls the answers are varied.. some say will sort, and we have had an appointment but had to cancel and the last time we phoned through and said they are not fitting in our area (even though we received a letter the other day asking us to book!) . Have not really had a definitive answer.
    Level 29
    @robinhouse
    This is the same type of meter that they fitted to us when we had an appointment for a "smart" meter. We have been trying to get an answer from customer services. Of our numerous calls the answers are varied.. some say will sort, and we have had an appointment but had to cancel and the last time we phoned through and said they are not fitting in our area (even though we received a letter the other day asking us to book!) . Have not really had a definitive answer.
    Have you tried following the official complaints procedure yet because there is enough evidence to support it now.

Eon Next Customer

Level 1
    Complaints procedure!? Ha! Let's put it this way... I sent quite a number of emails to unhappy@eonnext and also to ceo@eonnext when no response from "unhappy) back in January and received no emails back. Until I posted on this forum and Beki got involved we heard nothing! Then mum received a phone call who arranged a further appointment to look at the meter which unfortunately had to be cancelled due to an eye operation. When she called back to rearrange she was told that they were not fitting smart meters in our area.. and then a few days ago received a letter asking us to book for an appointment! I'm just so confused and fed up with it all now I think I'm just going to leave it and as soon as energy prices start to stabilise and fixed price contracts are advised, I'll look to move mum to a different supplier. In the meantime Eon won't be getting monthly meter readings because there's no way she can give me the reading to upload - I have to go into the garage with my ipad, take a photo and enlarge it to see the reading!
    Level 1
    My IHD has never worked because it has never been linked to the comms hub, numbers on the bottom of the IHD the GUID number or the Channel Mac Number has to be programmed to the comms hub by Eon for it to work. This is for security, But getting Eon to do this is like Mission Impossible..
    Level 78
    Hi @Jezzer ,

There are ways around this problem, but you would need to buy a new IHD from either https://ivie.co.uk or https://shop.glowmarkt.com . You can self-pair those ones.

that's probably the easiest solution I can think of for you right now.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!