Meter reading problem night tariff

Level 1
    A year ago, I had a smart meter installed in npower, but it stopped working after two months. Didn't download reading automatically. I keep getting e-mails to provide the meter reading, unfortunately I cannot do it because eon wants to read the night and day tariff and I cannot check the night tariff on my meter. I called customer service many times but no one was able to help me. No one can come to me to check it until I give the meter reading, but I can't read it. I wrote an email to eon support. I got a response from one lady who said that it was actually a problem because npower installed this meter for me, not eon. And she said it was pathetic indeed and she didn't know how to help me. I keep getting notified that my account is charged. I place 120f a month for electricity. I want to change my flat, but I cannot give the meter reading to settle the arrears
  • 1 Reply

Level 91
    @patryk110999

What is the reason you cannot read the meter properly - you reason will influence our advice?

EDIT just realised this is a very old post that just appeared in the unanswered question section.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.