Igloo credit balance

View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    I was moved to Eon Next when Igloo went under. I have since moved to a Sainsbury’s Energy tariff which is still part of Eon Next. I never received a final bill when Igloo folded, but my Igloo account was showing as £160 in credit and still is showing this. When will I receive my final bill and a refund if my account credit?
  • 23 Replies

• Best Answer

Head of Community
    Best Answer
    Hiya @MikeH

Good to have you with us! We were hoping to have all of the Igloo balances over to us this week but there's been a few delays unfortunately, as you can imagine there's a lot going on with the Supplier of Last Resort process at the moment.

The latest update I have is that they should be over next week - really hoping that's the case!

If you still haven't heard anything by the end of next week feel free to get back in touch either here on the community or if you're on Facebook or Twitter we have our whole digi team replying to any messages sent to us there.

Hope this helps

Hannah - Digi Ops Manager & here to spread positive energy
  • Best Answer

Head of Community
    Best Answer
    Hey Swale

Great to have you with us! So there has been a slight delay transferring any payments made to Igloo after the 7th October, which is when the administrator's took over. If you did make a payment after this date, they should be with us next week so your account will update.

If this isn't the case and it's missing credit from before the 7th October, it's best to get in touch with us we can see exactly what's happened.

The quickest and easiest way is to send us a direct message on Facebook or Twitter where the whole digi team are on hand to help.

Thanks

Hannah - Digi Ops Manager & here to spread positive energy
  • Best Answer

Level 78
    Best Answer
    Don't worry. As long as you continue making payments, this will be resolved once your credit balance transfers over. and the payments you've made should wipe out the arrears. If you're concerned about the account balance, I'd definitely recommend speaking to E.On for assistance, as they're best placed to work something out with you in the meantime. If you're still not happy, it may be worth making a complaint as this will force E.On to handle it. If they don't do so within eight weeks or you reach deadlock, you'll be able to go to the Energy Ombudsman for further help.

From what I've heard, the SoLR process is pretty reliable, but it's under a huge strain right now with so many suppliers having gone down over recent months. My friend Blastoise186 is keeping a very close eye on the Ofgem website and he's been keeping me posted of the news as it's happened. But at the moment, we both estimate there's over 2 million customers undergoing SoLR transfers and it's bound to increase as winter sets in further.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon, but as both me and Blastoise have always said, it never hurts to ask for help.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
  • Best Answer

Head of Community
    Best Answer
    Hey @Rob

Sorry you've not heard back from us over email, we've been really busy these last few weeks and it's taking us a little longer than normal to get back to these.

I've found your account and email and will reply directly to you that way so I can talk about your account securely.

Thanks

Hannah - here to spread positive energy
  • Best Answer

Community Team
    Best Answer
    Hi @stevetipson Welcome to the Community 😄

I'm really sorry to hear that you've had trouble getting in touch with us and you haven't had a reply on here - your post seems to have slipped under the radar somehow!

I'm not really sure what's happened on your account here, but the issue does look like it may have been fixed. Are you able to confirm if the amount you're referring to is now not showing on your account?

Thanks - Pete 😊
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
  • Best Answer

Level 91
    Best Answer
    @SonnyGreen

The administrators of igloo have to confirm the credit balances.

As far as i understand it if the failed company (Igloo) has no assets the credit balance will be reported to Eon next and credit to individual accounts. The total of the credit will be claimed against a central fund, and that central fund paid back from the surcharges being built into standing charges for electricity under the price cap.

However, it seems the vital first step is that the administrators of Igloo confirm the credit balances. Eon Next claim on their website that the vast majority of credit balances have been migrated as of 1 Feb 2022. I am wondering whether you fall into a different category from ordinary domestic customers because you have so many accounts, and are therefore being treated as a trader rather than a normal household. Quite what the exact reasoning would be I'm not sure, but I can well imagine that you are being treated as a creditor of the failed company and therefore likely to receive little if any of your credit back, if IGLOO collapsed with significant debts.(highly likely!).

Obviously this will not be a situation that will find favour with you.

But Eon Next should be able to tell you whether the appropriate data has been received or not. Equally the administrators of Igloo (On 7 October 2021, Rob Croxen and Jonny Marston of Alvarez & Marsal Europe LLP were appointed as Joint Administrators to Igloo Energy) should eventually tell the story from their point of view.

I hope this helps- though I suspect it will not greatly.
    Level 1
    Only part of my Igloo credit balance has been transferred to my Eon Next account? Why is this? When will the rest of my credit balance be transferred over?
    Level 1
    I was transferred from Igloo. the credit was applied today on my EON account. However it is less than the amount of credit i had with Igloo.

Igloo continued to take my direct debit until october (a summer month) so i was expecting the credit to actually be higher not lower.

To add to this the bill from EON seems very high for November. Double my usual bill for electricity.

It is not clear how any of these figures were arrived at.

Can you please help here?

A
    Level 1
    @HannahD Thanks for the information. Yes, the missing amount is the payment that came out at the end of October so that explains it.