Where is my credit with Symbio Energy

View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    Hello,

I was a customer with Symbio Energy up till May of this year, and had a credit of over £500 when they collapsed and all their customer accounts were transferred through to E.on Next.

I am not currently getting my electricity from E.on Next.

My understanding is that the monies I'm owed from my Symbio account are to be returned by E.on Next.

Can anyone tell me how to pursue and receive what I am owed please?

thanks
  • 6 Replies

• Best Answer

Best Answer
    @FormerSymbioClient Thank you so much for the extra information. I wanted to ensure I give you the correct advice.

As your complaint was raised with your previous supplier, we don’t receive any historic information about your account. Unfortunately this means that we are unable to help with any outstanding disputes you raised with your previous supplier. As your complaint is with the Energy Ombudsman, I believe you will need to discuss this further with them.

I hope you manage to get some answers. 🙏
    Last edited by Beki; 29-11-21 at 09:20. Reason: bad english!
    Level 29
    1. Were you £500 in credit from Electricity only, Gas only, or from a dual fuel tariff on Symbio?
    2. Who are you now getting your energy supply from?
    @FormerSymbioClient Hey there, thank you for reaching out on the Community. As Symbio have only just disappeared as of 29th September 21 and you left in May 21, I assume you are with a different energy provider now?

I'm a little confused tbh, do you know why Symbio had £500 of yours, when you left in May? I would of assumed that a final bill and refund would of been produced at the time of leaving but it sounds like this wasn't the case?

Beki 🎄
    Level 1
    Hi,

Yes, I've been with a different energy company since leaving Symbio and them issuing my final invoice which showed a credit > £500.

I'd been trying to get my money back from Symbio since June and had an ongoing case with the energy ombusdman at the time of their collapse.
    Seems like this kind of behaviour is par for the course when you are paying by direct debit to some energy suppliers.

Any ideas of when your company will be handling the payments of accounts transferred to them that are in credit and dont get energy from them?

thanks

@FormerSymbioClient Hey there, thank you for reaching out on the Community. As Symbio have only just disappeared as of 29th September 21 and you left in May 21, I assume you are with a different energy provider now?

I'm a little confused tbh, do you know why Symbio had £500 of yours, when you left in May? I would of assumed that a final bill and refund would of been produced at the time of leaving but it sounds like this wasn't the case?

Beki 🎄
    Level 1
    1. just electricity
    2. why?

1. Were you £500 in credit from Electricity only, Gas only, or from a dual fuel tariff on Symbio?
    2. Who are you now getting your energy supply from?
    Level 78
    Slight snag with that unfortunately. It's possible that the Ombudsman might automatically close the case by default due to SoLR, since Symbio wouldn't be able to respond anymore and there'd be no guarantee of the case ever making further progress. Likewise, it's extremely likely that any new cases raised to the Energy Ombudsman about a failed supplier that has already triggered SoLR will be rejected, since it'd become a stalemate.

You may want to check the case status when you get chance. If it does get closed under that policy, then I'm afraid it'd be basically game over for the most part. Appointed Suppliers can opt to attempt to resolve these complaints, but there's no requirement to do so - and with no backstory available... It would be extremely difficult to resolve. The Ombudsman should be in touch regarding the next steps if they haven't already.

If that happens, the best I can think of might be to contact Symbio's administrators. If the case was closed in your favour or is/was still outstanding, then you could try Symbio@azets.co.uk as they're dealing with Symbio's affairs.

Good luck
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!