SmartView 2 - Daily vs Hourly Meter Readings

Level 1
    Hello

Trying to understand daily vs hourly energy usage on a SmartView2 meter:

the "Today" tab shows an hourly view in Wh from midnight
    the "Daily" tab shows a "So far today" view in KWh

I assumed that you could just add up the hours to get total Wh used in the day and then and divide by 1000 to convert KWh. This doesn't work. So really want to understand how it does work?

Thanks
    Duncan
  • 2 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 78
    Best Answer
    Howdy!

I don't have that particular IHD myself, so I've grabbed the two Chameleon IHD6-CAD-PPMID IHDs from my current supplier to play with. I also see the same behaviour with both of them. It's probably worth noting that the IHD itself doesn't do any of the number crunching - the meters do almost all of it. While the IHD also polls the electric meter every 10 seconds, there's actually different datasets for both views and they're calculated differently using calculations that aren't designed to work with each other. That's why they don't tally up.

With that being said... My two IHDs both seem to tally up pretty accurately, so this could also just be a bug. If it is, I'm afraid you'll be stuck with it forever, as the SmartView 2 has no way of getting firmware updates at all (unlike the Chameleon IHD6).
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
  • Best Answer

Best Answer
    @DuncanM There is a video guide on the IHD - does this help at all?