Ridiculously high final gas bill

Level 1
    Hi,
    I've sent my final reading because I'm moving out and need to interrupt any service with gas and electricity.

For some reason I've been billed an amount of 1400+ pound as a result of my final reading.

This is outrageously high as my 3 bedroom flat has been empty for months, and we surely didn't consume that amount of gas.

I'm trying to get an explanation via email but they just keep on telling me the same thing all over again.

• 2 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 29
    Best Answer
    Hi,
    I've sent my final reading because I'm moving out and need to interrupt any service with gas and electricity.

For some reason I've been billed an amount of 1400+ pound as a result of my final reading.

This is outrageously high as my 3 bedroom flat has been empty for months, and we surely didn't consume that amount of gas.

I'm trying to get an explanation via email but they just keep on telling me the same thing all over again.
    I suggest you double check your meter reading: it is possible to mistake 1 with 7, or, 0 and 8, and/or misplace the decimal point.
    @Maikegiodde Hey there! Beki here 👋 I'm a Community Manager and I just wanted to say hey and welcome to the Community!

As @Landmark suggested, it always a good idea to check your meter reading and also take a picture of the reading and send it over to use so we can ensure it is noted correctly and also that the correct meter is being read - you'd be surprised how often an incorrect meter or screen has been read!

If it is still producing a high bill, then we would need to have a look to see if the meter readings fall in line, if you were billed to estimates for an extended period of time and a few other checks.

Sending a message across to us on Facebook (@eonnext) or Twitter (@eon_next) is usually quickest or if you prefer giving us a ring, know that our lines are open 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday - 0808 501 5200.

Please let me know how you get on!

B 😊