Warm Home Discount

View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    Hello,<br><br>This is the first time this has happened. I get the warm discount. Usually, I put my readings in, then a bill is created. They send me the bill, by email, with what my usage came too, and what credit I have left after the amount is taken off the discount.&nbsp;<br>This year they haven't done anything. Even online there's no bill, and it still says, "In credit by £140, which is the discount amount. Why no bill generated? I put my readings in earlier in November. I pay cash quarterly.&nbsp;<br><br>Thanks,&nbsp;<br><br>
  • 5 Replies

• Best Answer

Head of Community
    Best Answer
    Not sure why I was moved from e-on to e-on next. I thought that they were the same company. I applied for the warm home discount in August with e-on and usually I would've had it by now. Was told by e-on next that I would have to apply for it again but when I try to apply for it, it just takes me back to the home page. Been trying to get hold of someone on e-on next to see if I can apply for it, I've been on the phone waiting for someone to answer my call whilst I'm typing this and it's been well over an hour and still waiting. Seriously thinking of changing suppliers to the poor customer service, it doesn't help that I'm on the priority group with severe disabilities

Hi Mingle

Sorry to hear we've not got it right since you joined us, we'd love to change your mind and convince you to stay! We have been really busy on the phones - did you manage to speak to anyone yet? If you're on Facebook or Twitter you can contact us by sending us a message there - our lovely digi teams would be happy to help (and no waiting around on the phone).

I know it does seem a little strange to move from E.ON to E.ON Next - you're right we are under the same umbrella company but that's about where the similarities end - we're using different systems and just a different ways of doing things.

If you applied for the Warm Home Discount when you were part of E.ON and it all went through ok there isn't any need to apply again, really sorry you were given the wrong information. If you'd like to pop me over a private message with your name, account number and address I'll be happy to take a look at what's happened and get the payment onto your account.

Thanks

Hannah - Digi Ops Manager & here to spread positive energy
    Level 29
    I am not surprised it is taking so long given the fuel crisis and Covid pandemic crisis
    Level 78
    Actually, I got my WHD applied a couple of weeks ago by my supplier. It specifically shows up as a line entry by itself.

Name:  Screenshot 2021-11-22 184016.png
Views: 1822
Size:  6.0 KB

The most important thing is that the WHD has been applied to the account, even if the bill hasn't been generated yet. My supplier is a bit more pro-active and tends to run on a more real-time basis, but I still get a bill each month. In your case, it might just be that the bill is still on the way. That's my guess anyway.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 1
    Not sure why I was moved from e-on to e-on next. I thought that they were the same company. I applied for the warm home discount in August with e-on and usually I would've had it by now. Was told by e-on next that I would have to apply for it again but when I try to apply for it, it just takes me back to the home page. Been trying to get hold of someone on e-on next to see if I can apply for it, I've been on the phone waiting for someone to answer my call whilst I'm typing this and it's been well over an hour and still waiting. Seriously thinking of changing suppliers to the poor customer service, it doesn't help that I'm on the priority group with severe disabilities
    Head of Community
    Hello,

This is the first time this has happened. I get the warm discount. Usually, I put my readings in, then a bill is created. They send me the bill, by email, with what my usage came too, and what credit I have left after the amount is taken off the discount.
    This year they haven't done anything. Even online there's no bill, and it still says, "In credit by £140, which is the discount amount. Why no bill generated? I put my readings in earlier in November. I pay cash quarterly.

Thanks,

Hey Magpie,

Great news the Warm Home Discount has been applied, would you like me to take a look at what's happened with your bill? We do usually send them each month so sounds like something is holding it up.

Just pop me a private message with your account number, name and address and I'll see what's going on.

Thanks

Hannah - Digi Ops Manager & here to spread positive energy