Detailed data view

Level 7
    @JoeSoap There are many different problems outlined in this thread. My contribution was mainly to people who want to read their data directly via API. That means no waiting for EON to do any functionality and of course, not everyone wants to share their data with an app they found on the app store. By using the method I outlined there will only be 3 parties that know your consumption. You, EON, and DCC.
    @GrumpySi you are welcome.
    Level 91
    @Matobato

Understood, and I wasn't being critical. I'm not tech-minded but just wanted to suggest a way to see half-hourly consumption.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 1
    @Matobato Thanks for providing that API example, I managed to get it working in so far that I am getting a 200 response in Postman. But I don't get any data returned. All I get back is:
    {
    "count": 0,
    "next": null,
    "previous": null,
    "results": []
    }
    I checked that my meters were smart on https://smartmetercheck.citizensadvice.org.uk/.

It says that I have a SMETS1. If I am not getting any data back does this mean I'm not connected to the DCC backend?

Sorry for bombarding you with questions, no worries if you can't answer.
    Thanks @Matobato, registered just to message you! - It worked the first time I tried it, 10 minutes later, I get:

"detail": "Cannot authenticate with provided Kraken token."

I guess the token doesn't last long if it's not used regularly, or it changes too frequently. I refreshed the page and got another, compared to the first and the same 108 characters were identical, but the remaining 292 were different.

I'll try some more, but if it works, I'll bring it into Home Assistant so I can chart our usage.

Aubs

I don't think regular customer support will be able to assist you with such queries. I do not have a smart meter so I cannot test it out correctly but their API indicates we are able to tap into it.

Step 1: Login to EON next website and press F12 when using chrome and then navigate to Network tab. Find your authorization token
    Step 2: Find your MPAN and Meter serial number (both can be found in the meter reading and billing sections)
    Step 3: get postman or any similar tool and do the following
    GET method
    URL https://api.eonnext-kraken.energy/v1/electricity-meter-points/{mpan}/meters/{serialnumber}/consumption/
    Header: authorization JWT xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Replace {mpan} and {serialnumber} with actual values

The expected result should be
    {
    "count": 48,
    "next": null,
    "previous": null,
    "results": [
    {
    "consumption": 0.063,
    "interval_start": "2018-05-19T00:30:00+0100",
    "interval_end": "2018-05-19T01:00:00+0100"
    },
    {
    "consumption": 0.071,
    "interval_start": "2018-05-19T00:00:00+0100",
    "interval_end": "2018-05-19T00:30:00+0100"
    },
    {
    "consumption": 0.073,
    "interval_start": "2018-05-18T23:30:00+0100",
    "interval_end": "2018-05-18T00:00:00+0100"
    }
    ]
    }

Please let me know if it works.

From the Smart Meter Check, I get:

Your electricity meter's working in smart mode
    Supplier: E.ON Next Energy Limited
    This means your meter should automatically send readings to your supplier, so you don't need to send them yourself.
    It's working in smart mode because you have a first generation (SMETS1) meter that’s on the smart meter data network. The network connects your smart meter to energy suppliers.

I checked my meter readings on the EonNext site and I have 1 reading that says it is 'Smart' (it's only just been activated).

Putting the info into Postman, I get:

Name:  Postmaster-EonNext-KrakenAPI.png
Views: 659
Size:  64.3 KB

Hope that helps?

@Matobato Thanks for providing that API example, I managed to get it working in so far that I am getting a 200 response in Postman. But I don't get any data returned. All I get back is:{"count": 0,"next": null,"previous": null,"results": []}I checked that my meters were smart on https://smartmetercheck.citizensadvice.org.uk/. It says that I have a SMETS1. If I am not getting any data back does this mean I'm not connected to the DCC backend?Sorry for bombarding you with questions, no worries if you can't answer.
    Level 1
    Hello
    Previously on NPower we had access to some more detailed data and graphs about our energy usage.
    With the Smart meters will we be possible to have daily or even hourly data available so we can see exactly when we are using energy. The smart meter home unit box is handy but not very easy to dig into the data and doesnt appear to have a way to access the raw data?

Would love to have access to the detailed data and use of zoomable smart graphing interface along with some analysis so it can tell me things like what my base load is.

Thanks
    I'd just like 'a working' Smart Meter. E.ON cannot even do that after a year of email requests for help. If only we 'could' go back to NPower.
    Level 1
    @TFowle
    Hello, I saw this old thread going back to 2020. I have the same question, it's even more difficult now to track average usage. Bills are issued at any date a meter reading is given, i.e random bill frequency. Where can I see a graph of my usage? Thank you
    Level 92
    @eng500

The way most of us non smart meter owners do it is to just take daily readings and then use a spreadsheet to do the analytics. Several smart meter owners also do this as you can easily produce any output you need, not just what the energy companies provide.

Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 91
    @eng500

you can take readings at any frequency you like. Take one reading from the previous and divide that figure by the number of elapsed days. That gives you the average daily consumption for that period. Repeat for as many times as you wish. Over time a trend will become apparent.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 4
    I know this is an old thread but I was looking for an API to query my consumption data. Can I ask where I can find the authorisation token mentioned by @Matobato? I've looked at the network tab under the dev tools but can't find it.

Thanks
    Last edited by Mon269; 27-02-24 at 12:07.