Can't seem to find notifications

Level 1

I have had a notification sitting in the drop down menu [ top right under 'account' ] for several days now, which, when selected, takes me to a page which has no notifications on it.

Also I cannot see find my own posts, this board/forum is really user unfriendly.
    Last edited by Han_EONNext; 04-05-23 at 10:39.
  • 2 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 29
    Best Answer

I have had a notification sitting in the drop down menu [ top right under 'account' ] for several days now, which, when selected, takes me to a page which has no notifications on it.

Also I cannot see find my own posts, this board/forum is really user unfriendly.
    It seems that notifications in the community don't appear, so as an alternative, I should suggest, if you like to get them all by email in future, go to 'Account', Settings', then 'Notifications Settings', then tick all Email boxes, then click on 'update changes' button, in order to get it all by email directly to your email account.
    Secondly, to view all your own posts you have posted, just place cursor over your username on top left of each of your posts, and you will see a drop down menu appear automatically, then again place your cursor over the 2nd box of the drop down menu entitled 'view forum posts' and you will see a complete chronological list of all your posts in time order.
    Hope this helps😉
    Level 78
    Unfortunately, those are both issue that I've had to try and workaround for several months. I actually often end up having to force the mobile version of this site because that's the only way I can bypass some of the bugs - especially notification related.

The only way you can try to keep track of your own posts is to hover over your username somewhere you've posted, and then click View Forum Posts to force vBulletin to run a search against your user account. I can usually figure out a more permanent URL that you can bookmark for most forum software, but vBulletin is weird and makes it nearly impossible for me to give you one that would work reliably.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!