Illegitimate credit file record

Level 1
    Hello, Please see below a very bad experience i am having with Eon. There customer service hasn’t been helping me at at all. I am hoping Eon will see this and do something about it.

When i signed up to Eon i asked that i could be setup on direct debit. I did not hear anything until i received a bill. Upon receiving the bill, I rung Eon and asked what happened about setting up a direct debit as i should of been on a lower rate. Eon stated that they would launch a complaint and get back to me. I received a letter saying the complaint was open.

I called in to question what was going on to be told that my complaint was closed. I was confused as i had no correspondence in any format to tell me that. I reopened the complaint. I later received a call from a manager asking me questions, i explained the situation. I was told the call would be listened to. I heard nothing about this, so i contacted online chat to find out that it had been closed again. At this point i was very frustrated with Eons service so just decided to pay the bill and move provider. Upon doing this i realised that the energy crisis made it impossible to move supplier, so i setup the direct debit i originally wanted and left it there. This was on the 12th of October the bill was settled and the direct debit was setup.

I received a call a week later from a debt collection service who confirmed they shouldn’t of called me as there was no debt on the account.

On the 24th of October i received a notification on my credit file that Eon has issued 2 notifications of “payment in arrears” on my account. I was shocked to find this out. Considering that Eon were the ones delaying the resolution for the issue i had raised on the payment, and that they had not responded to complaints when they should of. Eon added the debt as outstanding 12 days after it was paid. It is terrible that Eon have added these notifications to my account. It is completely unfair.

There are large liabilities attached to Eon doing this unfortunately. I am in the middle of a mortgage application. If Eon does not remove these illegitimate notifications on my account they jeopardise the sale from going through. This could lead to me seeking damages for loss of earnings as it is a rental property, as well as any costs involved.

• 4 Replies

Level 29
    Are you registered with a credit reference agency? I ask this because it is important to subscribe to one to monitor and repair you damaged credit file. Go to Check your credit score & report for free - MSE (moneysavingexpert.com) in order to join and there are tools for correcting errors on your credit file. You also need this for evidence if you should need to escalate your complaint further. Also I suggest you join Twitter on How to sign up for Twitter and create a new Twitter account ,and sent a private message to eon next customer adviser to investigate and help you resolve this issue quickly, because you will get a quick reply from eon next here.
    @colleyt Could you pop me your account number and address and also the name on the account in a private message and I will pick this up and transfer to the correct team.

Sending positive energy to you,
    Beki - Digi Ops Team Leader & Sustainability Enthusiast

Everything & everyone powered by sustainable energy. 🌍
    Level 1
    @colleyt I have the same issue with them. I raised it with my Credit agency and they contacted E-On and they are not agreeing to remove it from file.

This leaves me in a the same situation as you. Did you get this resolved?
    Level 1
    @SJANJUA Hi yes i managed to get mine sorted. You can take them to court for adding an illegitimate item to your credit score. They decided to remove it instead.