Smart meter installation - broken customer agreement.

Level 6
    We are constantly bombarded by TV adverts telling us to get smart meters installed for free by our energy suppliers, but after 7 years & 3 different energy suppliers I have yet to find one that will actually install one. I was hoping E.ON Next would be different as they actually force you to agree to an installation when signing up - but no. Yet again they seem incapable of doing so, only this company are actually breaking their own user agreement by not doing so.

This is actually illegal & should be reported to Ofgem. If everyone did this it might be the kick up the backside they need to honour their customer agreement - what do you think?

@Landmark: Please refrain from posting on this thread. Thanks.
  • 1 Reply

• Best Answer

Best Answer
    @Undecided Hi there, thank you for your post. The terms and conditions for our fixed tariff do state:

• Agree to have smart meters installed - By choosing this tariff you agree to a smart meter installation, where eligible.

I would love to hear some more information regarding why the meters could not be fitted so we can explore that.

Sending positive energy to you,
    Beki - Digi Ops Team Leader & Sustainability Enthusiast

Everything & everyone powered by sustainable energy. 🌍