IHD: Gas info missing since xfer from e-on to e-on next

Level 5
    I have a SMETS1 smart meter and an original IHD which have been working perfectly since they were installed years ago. However the Gas information is no longer being shown, I suspect since we have been moved over to e-on next. I can however see the current gas reading on the IHD, but on the general display it just shows zero for all usage and costs.

The gas meter is connected normally to the HAN and as far as I can see everything is connected as it should be. IHD has been powered off/on, no change and then also run until the battery fully discharged, again no change.

Any advice on how to get the gas usage displaying as it was previously would be greatly appreciated.
  • 1 Reply

• Best Answer

Level 91
    Best Answer
    I have a SMETS1 smart meter and an original IHD which have been working perfectly since they were installed years ago. However the Gas information is no longer being shown, I suspect since we have been moved over to e-on next. I can however see the current gas reading on the IHD, but on the general display it just shows zero for all usage and costs.

The gas meter is connected normally to the HAN and as far as I can see everything is connected as it should be. IHD has been powered off/on, no change and then also run until the battery fully discharged, again no change.

Any advice on how to get the gas usage displaying as it was previously would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi,

I had the same problem with my Gas info when I switched to Eon Next. See here... https://community.eonnext.com/thread...ching-Supplier

The only difference is that I have SMETS 2 so I thought all Smart functions would have worked straight away.

It can take up to 6 weeks from switching for things to work as they should and in fact my gas usage in monetary terms only started showing on my IHD about one day short of the 6 weeks.

Things happen slowly at Eon Next it seems and emails don't get acknowledged. I still don't know if my phone calls, email, posts and PMs on here did any good or not. Maybe if I had been patient for 6 weeks everything would have eventually started working anyway.

Good luck with it.