Not happy with E.ON Next

View Tag Cloud
    Level 6
    So, after 3 years of broken promises of a smart meter installation by my previous electricity supplier I decided to switch to E.ON Next as they were slightly cheaper, green & stated that they would also install a smart meter upon signing up for free. I received an email from E.ON Next when my service started asking me for a meter reading, which I managed to get & tried entering it on their web portal only to find that I couldn't because they think I have a smart meter already & they are waiting for it's readings - it will be a long wait for them.
    I tried calling CS on the number in the email to explain the situation - nobody answered after over 30 minutes of waiting.
    I then downloaded the app to see if I could contact CS chat - it doesn't load.
    I DM'd them via Twatter - nobody has answered.
    I emailed them - no reply so far.

Did I make a huge error moving over to E.ON Next?
    Are they always so difficult to contact?
    Is their customer service always this bad?
  • 6 Replies

Level 5
    Yes to all of these. You should leave and join Octopus. I did and they are amazing. They reply to emails so quickly but I’ve hardly had to contact them as everything just seems to work as it should
    Level 29
    So, after 3 years of broken promises of a smart meter installation by my previous electricity supplier I decided to switch to E.ON Next as they were slightly cheaper, green & stated that they would also install a smart meter upon signing up for free. I received an email from E.ON Next when my service started asking me for a meter reading, which I managed to get & tried entering it on their web portal only to find that I couldn't because they think I have a smart meter already & they are waiting for it's readings - it will be a long wait for them.
    I tried calling CS on the number in the email to explain the situation - nobody answered after over 30 minutes of waiting.
    I then downloaded the app to see if I could contact CS chat - it doesn't load.
    I DM'd them via Twatter - nobody has answered.
    I emailed them - no reply so far.

Did I make a huge error moving over to E.ON Next?
    Are they always so difficult to contact?
    Is their customer service always this bad?
    You mean Twitter and they always answer to me on twitter within 48 hours. I suggest maybe they didn't get your message, so try again just to be sure and I assure you they will answer you, and give them 3 days no answer to make double sure you receive a reply, just in case of a delay (these things happen in life you know!)
    Then let us know how you got on, and if not why not?
    Level 6
    @Landmark: I meant Twatter. Having to download & install these crappy social media apps in an effort to get some kind of support from a company only to have to wait up to 3 days for a generic useless reply, if they reply at all, is not customer support - it is customer avoidance. They should get more staff to answer their phones, reply to emails & all the other so called social media platforms that not everyone uses. They should also get a developer who knows how to build a working app & another developer who knows how to fix their website.

Seriously, nothing works & nobody answers.

I did however find a way to get a response - Trust Pilot. I suggest everyone who has had enough of this company should post there - you'll get an answer within 24 hours. It seems they monitor Trust Pilot more than their phones, inbox, Twaats & FB updates combined.

Unbelievable.
    Level 6
    Still not a single reply to any emails. Nothing. Nada.
    Nothing from CEO either.

Seriously unbelievable.
    @Undecided Hey, it's Beki here. Can you pop me your account number, your name, email address and contact telephone number in a private message and I will look into this with you.

Sending positive energy to you,
    Beki - Digi Ops Team Leader & Sustainability Enthusiast

Everything & everyone powered by sustainable energy. 🌍
    Level 6
    @Undecided Hey, it's Beki here. Can you pop me your account number, your name, email address and contact telephone number in a private message and I will look into this with you.

Sending positive energy to you,
    Beki - Digi Ops Team Leader & Sustainability Enthusiast

Everything & everyone powered by sustainable energy. 🌍

@Beki: No, I will not hand over my personal & private details to someone on a public forum, especially as I have already done that via email with no response.

A better idea would be to tell your customer support staff to start answering emails sent to them by customers (at your suggestion), that way the 100's of customers you ignore will get answered without having to post on Trust Pilot & public forums about it.

Read & reply to your emails.
    Answer your phones.