Difficulty logging out of main E.ON Next account

Level 1
    Hi all,

I've been having difficulty logging out of my main E.ON Next account and have recently spoken to an E.ON Next adviser, Stanley, about this matter.

He offered the following solution:

"Our tech team is aware that there is some difficulty in logging out of web browsers, and is looking at ways to fix this. In the meantime, the best way is as described, clicking the menu button in the top right and scrolling to the log out option. You made need to change the zoom setting on your browser to do this".

Taking his advice on board, I can log out of my E.ON Next account by clicking on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner of the screen and selecting the Exit option (in my case, Firefox is my web browser).

The only issue I have is that the actual logging out does not appear to happen instantaneously, as shown by the fact that if, having closed the E.ON Next screen completely, I launch a new tab again expecting to log in from scratch my account is still open!

This delay lasts for several hours (possibly longer) which is far from ideal and so data is potentially at risk of being accessed by someone other than the account holder.

Please forward details to the Tech team to investigate further as a matter of priority, as the problem remains unresolved.

Surely an in-house account option to log out would be the better and safer way to do it, as is the case with community forum accounts?

Kind regards,

Andy
  • Best Answer

Best Answer
    @capers626 Hi there Andy,
    Thank you so much for your post on our Community and thank you also for bringing this to light. I have passed this over to our tech/website team for investigation and if/when I get a response I will be in touch.
    Sending positive energy to you,
    Beki 🌍
    Digi Ops Team Leader & Sustainability Enthusiast