Logging out of main E.ON Next account

Level 1
    Hi everyone,

There appears to be a general(?) problem logging out of the main E.ON Next account (not the forum as far as I know but I will find out later!).

I have received an earlier email from Stanley on 25/8/21 (not via the forum) in which he stated that:

"Our tech team is aware that there is some difficulty in logging out of web browsers, and is looking at ways to fix this. In the meantime, the best way is as described, clicking the menu button in the top right and scrolling to the log out option. You made need to change the zoom setting on your browser to do this".

Taking his advice on board, I can log out of my E.ON Next account by clicking on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner of the screen and selecting the Exit option (in my case, Firefox is the web browser).

The only issue I have is that the actual logging out does not appear to happen instantaneously, as shown by the fact that if, having closed the E.ON Next screen completely, I launch a new tab again expecting to log in from scratch my account is still open!

This delay lasts for approximately one hour (possibly longer) which is far from ideal and so data is potentially at risk of being accessed by someone other than the account holder.

Please forward details to the Tech team to investigate further as a matter of priority.

Kind regards,

Andy
  • 2 Replies

Level 1
    Hi

In replying to my own thread(!), I think I have found the answer to my query.

I have been able to adjust the Zoom setting (shown on the Application menu on Firefox via the three horizontal lines in top right hand corner), which was set at 100%, to a lower percentage (say, 80%) so that the Log out option previously hidden now appears on screen.

Having tried to log out, this seems to work straightaway and I can see the log in screen as normal if accessed at a later time.

Best wishes,

Andy
    @capers626 Hey there Andy, that is awesome to hear and thank you so much for replying to your own thread to provide an answer - it may come in handy one day for another member of the Community. Hope you are well.
    Sending positive energy to you,
    Beki 🌍
    Digi Ops Team Leader & Sustainability Enthusiast