Absolutely farcical

Level 1
    Switched to EON at end of June and already they have emailed saying they want to double my monthly direct debit as they think their usage estimate was too low ! Considering they have had one set of meter readings prior to their email , me being in credit and another estimate being higher than my actual usage (which I’ve sent them) I fail to see where or how they get their figures .
    absolute nonsense and definitely switching . Would not recommend this company at all .
  • 16 Replies

Level 29
    When you state that you sent them your actual usage, did you back it up with a new updated set of meter readings or did you just send them arbitrary estimates according to your reckoning?
    Have you considered that you were price conditioned into believing something that may not be based on the truth of todays general energy costs?
    I wonder how much are the figures involved here?
    I also wonder what type of dwelling this is for, how well insulated it is, and what devices are powered in it, what type of boiler you have, and that's what it all depends on at the end of the day.
    Level 5
    Interesting that the staff on here can find time to comment on things like Loki and Greta Thunberg but don’t answer posts like this
    Level 29
    Interesting that the staff on here can find time to comment on things like Loki and Greta Thunberg but don’t answer posts like this
    You already know that they prefer PM communication for troubleshooting etc so what's your point🙄
    @Tina Thank you for taking the time to post. In order to keep your usage up-to-date we do require monthly meter readings and this will create a more accurate estimate of your yearly energy usage for us to base a fixed monthly amount on. Can I just check that you are on a fixed monthly tariff or if you're on variable tariff - as this will affect the amount you pay each month? If you need any further help with your account or you would like us to explain anything to you regarding your account, you can pop us a message on Facebook or Twitter for a quick reply or email us on hi@eonnext.com.

Sending positive energy to you,
    Beki 🌍
    Digi Ops Team Leader & Sustainability Enthusiast

Hey there Richtea78 - as you are aware this is primarily a customer based forum where customers can help others with queries/general chitchat and advice, so staff take a step back from answering customers here. If a customer was to need urgent help they can contact us 9am to 5pm on the phone and from 8am - 10pm on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram.

What did you think of the alternative posts? Is there anything that you would like to share in the off topic posts?

Beki
    Level 1
    I find myself in the same situation as Tina.
    On the initial estimate, which, if I recall correctly was missing just one final meter reading, e-on stated a monthly tariff of £72. In just two months they now state this is inaccurate and require an additional £44 per month. Other suppliers were obviously giving much more accurate and honest monthly tariff quotes of over £100. However, I was duped by e-on's, lower, inaccurate monthly tariff. Incompetence or deceitfulness? I don't know. Clearly it was inaccurate by their own admission.

When you switched, your quote was based on your estimate of how much energy you use each year.
    Every UK home has an official estimate, based on historical meter readings. We've now received this from your previous supplier, and it looks like you're using more energy than your initial estimate.
    Initial estimate
    Electricity: 2,416 kWh per year costing £533.47
    Gas: 7,290 kWh per year costing £332.92
    Official estimate
    Electricity: 4,004 kWh per year costing £834.06
    Gas: 11,457 kWh per year costing £479.62
    That means you're using an average of £44.72 a month more than your initial estimate.

How many other customers is this happening to?
    Regards, Roger.
    @rogC Thank you for taking the time to post.

I wonder if you came by a price comparison site and entered your old suppliers estimated annual usage - or whether it was done by clicking 2-4 bedroom property (for example)? For a more accurate quote from all suppliers, it is best to use your Estimated Annual Usage rather than a general option. From your old supplier we can see that you are using much more gas and electric that previously stated and so this email is recommending that you increase your payments to cover your usage.

I hope this helps.

Beki
    Level 29
    I find myself in the same situation as Tina.
    On the initial estimate, which, if I recall correctly was missing just one final meter reading, e-on stated a monthly tariff of £72. In just two months they now state this is inaccurate and require an additional £44 per month. Other suppliers were obviously giving much more accurate and honest monthly tariff quotes of over £100. However, I was duped by e-on's, lower, inaccurate monthly tariff. Incompetence or deceitfulness? I don't know. Clearly it was inaccurate by their own admission.

When you switched, your quote was based on your estimate of how much energy you use each year.
    Every UK home has an official estimate, based on historical meter readings. We've now received this from your previous supplier, and it looks like you're using more energy than your initial estimate.
    Initial estimate
    Electricity: 2,416 kWh per year costing £533.47
    Gas: 7,290 kWh per year costing £332.92
    Official estimate
    Electricity: 4,004 kWh per year costing £834.06
    Gas: 11,457 kWh per year costing £479.62
    That means you're using an average of £44.72 a month more than your initial estimate.

How many other customers is this happening to?
    Regards, Roger.
    Of course it was inaccurate because it was based on an estimates, while it is evident that your actual usage, was £44.72 higher so it is fair to state that it.
    Therefore, I don't see why it should be such an issue that estimates can and do happen to be different from actual readings, unless it might be the case here that one might be not mature enough not to accept this truth, but hey ho that's life😧
    Level 5
    Of course it was inaccurate because it was based on an estimates, while it is evident that your actual usage, was £44.72 higher so it is fair to state that it.
    Therefore, I don't see why it should be such an issue that estimates can and do happen to be different from actual readings, unless it might be the case here that one might be not mature enough not to accept this truth, but hey ho that's life😧

im more and more convinced this person is an employee the way he constantly defends Eon

Its fairly clear that amongst other shady practices Eon deliberately under quote to encourage people to switch to them then ramp the costs up