Absolutely farcical

Level 78
    I have to admit that I agree with you there. I can usually tell when someone is hiding something and that's the impression I'm getting. It's also yet another reason why I prefer using inSided rather than vBulletin - because it's a LOT easier for me to tell who's an official staff member apart from regular users.

Perhaps it's a good time for me to mention that I've used loads of forums over the last 20 years and if there's one thing moderators and staff need to gain and retain - it's trust. Employees, staff, moderators and other official representatives impersonating/masquerading as regular users are a sure-fire way to break that trust and arouse suspicion, which can lead to the downfall of the entire community (and yes, I've seen it happen way too many times in that 20 year period). I can spot those sorts of tactics from a mile away and I'm sorry to say that I am a little suspicious about such tactics being used here.

I will openly admit that I also hide a few secrets myself. I won't ever reveal most of them to anyone here, but they are never the sort of thing that would cause disruption. But if there are any E.On employees on here who aren't tagged as being staff, I certainly wouldn't mind them coming forward for the purposes of transparency and rebuilding at least some trust.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Staff
    @theunknowntech I can assure you all of our staff members are tagged as such :)
    Level 29
    I have to admit that I agree with you there. I can usually tell when someone is hiding something and that's the impression I'm getting. It's also yet another reason why I prefer using inSided rather than vBulletin - because it's a LOT easier for me to tell who's an official staff member apart from regular users.

Perhaps it's a good time for me to mention that I've used loads of forums over the last 20 years and if there's one thing moderators and staff need to gain and retain - it's trust. Employees, staff, moderators and other official representatives impersonating/masquerading as regular users are a sure-fire way to break that trust and arouse suspicion, which can lead to the downfall of the entire community (and yes, I've seen it happen way too many times in that 20 year period). I can spot those sorts of tactics from a mile away and I'm sorry to say that I am a little suspicious about such tactics being used here.

I will openly admit that I also hide a few secrets myself. I won't ever reveal most of them to anyone here, but they are never the sort of thing that would cause disruption. But if there are any E.On employees on here who aren't tagged as being staff, I certainly wouldn't mind them coming forward for the purposes of transparency and rebuilding at least some trust.
    What planet are you on, @theunknowntech? Although you are entitled to your opinion, right or wrong, with respect, it is quite right to correct any errors of judgement here but you are mistaken. I am entitled to defend myself and have done nothing wrong to you or anyone here to breach trust and mutual respect.
    Level 6

I wholeheartedly agree with you 100%. Well said.
    Level 1
    @Tina the new eon next is a farce from start to finish! I'm looking at British Gas right now, who have been so helpful and easily contactable by phone.
    Closing this thread. Thank you for participating in this Community 🤗