Transactions

Checking my account online and noted that I have 2 transactions for gas on 2nd February and 22nd February and 2 transactions for electricity with same dates. Surely be better to have 1 transaction per fuel? I'm starting to regret switching to smart meter; the old meters I had were a lot better.
  • 2 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 55
    Best Answer
    Checking my account online and noted that I have 2 transactions for gas on 2nd February and 22nd February and 2 transactions for electricity with same dates. Surely be better to have 1 transaction per fuel? I'm starting to regret switching to smart meter; the old meters I had were a lot better.

If you had smart meters installed recently (last month or so) it could be that the first transactions (2nd Feb) relate to the closing meter reads from your old meter, with the second transactions (22nd February) being the scheduled smart meter reads.

When you get your billed statement up to 22nd February it may be much clearer what is going on. Just make sure that the meter reads from your old meter are accurate and that the opening meter reads are as they are on your stickers next to the meters.
    Level 91
    @Aimi123
    What type of transactions were they? Were they Smart Meter readings and did they each trigger a statement/bill. If so, then as long as you pay by monthly fixed DD it shouldn’t make any difference. If you pay by variable DD or payment on receipt of bill then that might cause you some hassle. In itself it doesn’t mean you will end up paying any more than you would otherwise have done but it may affect your budgeting.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.